The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Golden Oldies

zilloot

Registered
Reaction score
:D Moggie came along to Grandad's today and was shoogling her rickety old bones round the garden and thoroughly enjoying herself. BUT at one point she was flat out asleep in the grass in the sun and she didn't even open her eyes when I touched her - I thought the worst.... but she was just having a good doze (w00t) and gave me a huge wag of her tail - she's still got a sense of humour :lol: :blink:

I think she had another mild stroke this week. She's terribly thin and very unsteady on her legs; somebody knocks her over at least twice a week (I keep telling those Iggy grandchildren to be careful :huggles: ). She now has a dinner-bowl raised up off the floor and she's much more comfortable with that. She's on a joint supplement and a pill to stop the strokes and she gets lots of extras but she's a real clattery skinny old thing now :* There's another lump growing on her face this time and she sometimes can't hold on at night and has a wee on the floor.

Hang on in there Moggie - it's just old age but we love you to pieces :wub: and we're doing everything to make your twilight comfortable :huggles:

moggie_in_the_grass.jpg

She is beautiful :wub:

I love the oldies - my parents Whip x is 15 now. Blind as a bat and practically deaf but never had a days ill health since they rescued him 9 years ago. He's not on any medication and still goes for about 45 mins walks everyday. Quite amazing really.

Hope you don't mind, but i've added his picture, taken a few weeks ago :huggles:

tizer_001.jpg

zilloot said:
:D Moggie came along to Grandad's today and was shoogling her rickety old bones round the garden and thoroughly enjoying herself.  BUT at one point she was flat out asleep in the grass in the sun and she didn't even open her eyes when I touched her - I thought the worst.... but she was just having a good doze (w00t) and gave me a huge wag of her tail - she's still got a sense of humour :lol:   :blink:  
I think she had another mild stroke this week.  She's terribly thin and very unsteady on her legs; somebody knocks her over at least twice a week (I keep telling those Iggy grandchildren to be careful :huggles: ).  She now has a dinner-bowl raised up off the floor and she's much more comfortable with that.  She's on a joint supplement and a pill to stop the strokes and she gets lots of extras but she's a real clattery skinny old thing now :*     There's another lump growing on her face this time and she sometimes can't hold on at night and has a wee on the floor.

Hang on in there Moggie - it's just old age but we love you to pieces :wub: and we're doing everything to make your twilight comfortable :huggles:

Ahhhh, old age comes to one and all, all the best for moggie :huggles:

keith

She is really lovely :wub:

And of course my gorgeous Tizer :huggles:

I wish the oldies could tell us how they are feeling about life ,

My old Mayzee stands looking `far away` I often wonder whats she thinking ? is she thinking about all the shows she used to come to with me ,and how she used to get a sausage at whippet shows in vet , plus the time she nicked a boxer exhibitors bait out of his bag (w00t) and I had to buy him some more :oops: or about her children , :wacko: mm maybe not. :- " I bet all shes thinking about , knowing Mayzee , is when shes next going to get some snap :thumbsup: :lol:

what ever it is dont you just love um

awwww,lovely oldies! :huggles: my old dog robin is deaf and virtually blind and i see him gazing into the distance every now and then and wonder what hes thinking about........................its probably what hes having for tea! :- "

:wub:

I wish they could tell us how they are feeling too. She looks perfectly happy in that photo Fiona :D and I bet she is still well enough to be naughty at times :- "

they both look so graceful, hope we can look like that when we're old :wub: :wub:

Lovely pictures of the oldies :wub: o:) I just love their greying muzzles - they always look so distinguished.. :huggles:

Heck..that brought a tear to my eye.

My Fred is only 10, but he's quite grey in the muzzle and acts an oldie at times. He's on daily medication for his arthritis, but he still insists on coming on my now more gentle rambles in the Peak District with me at weekends. He's not got to that real oldie stage just yet.... :)

What a lovely photo of Moggie...getting old with dignity :huggles:

Our bichon Leo is 14 and all cloudy eyed and still as playful as a pup

lovely oldies, all the pleasure they've given you - just been wiping away a tear myself. Hope they go gently into that goodnight

Fiona, Moggie looks so content and at ease with herself. It seems like only yesterday that she walked into Ringcraft at Ardoe with you! You have done her proud and she has done you proud!

Ameston :))

Back