The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Getting The Yougsters Outdoors.......

beaubeau

Registered
Reaction score
I took my 13yr son Kieran and our dogs to stay with some friends this weekend. Kieran spends far too long on the pc and has recently shown an interest in some country life pursuits. Thought we'd get stuck into it this weekend and show him what it's all about. Thanks to my friends experience and time offered, Kieran had a great weekend and has really taken to it :thumbsup:

He did a bit of lamping, ferreting and handling a Harris hawk..... :)) :thumbsup:

I took a few pics and thought I'd pop them on here for you to have a look at.

Although we went lamping and Jaspa caught one, I took no pics of it.. Was a great night tho.. really windy :thumbsup:

Jaspa also spotted a lil one while on our walk..

j3-1.jpg

j2-1.jpg

j3-1.jpg

j4.jpg

j5.jpg

Jaspa1.jpg

PC014889.jpg

PC014894.jpg

The Harris hawk ...

Radar.jpg

PB304788.jpg

PB304789.jpg

PB304778.jpg

PB304791.jpg

Radar1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
great pics tracey as always, good to hear u had a great weekend.

keep at it :thumbsup:

Good pics :thumbsup: that's better than spending a morning on a pc :thumbsup:

It was great to have you and Keiran.

Dave was really impressed by the way Keiran took to everything especially with Radar (the harris hawk) :thumbsup:

beaubeau said:
The Harris hawk ...
Radar.jpg

PB304788.jpg

PB304789.jpg

PB304778.jpg

PB304791.jpg

Radar1.jpg

brill pics all of them these are stuning what a lucky boy to have expereances like these some kids dont know what a hawk is :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:) great pictures looks like a great time was had by all, wtg jaspa and keiram keep up the good work. :cheers:

:thumbsup: i do love that hawk :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like u enjoyed yourselves!! I love the harris hawk and Jasper looked like he was really enjoying himself!!

Good to see the young lad out there in the fresh air enjoying himself!

I also think it's really good for the teenagers to be doing stuff that involves them with adults outside of their family - teaches a lot about how to relate to people (lets face it, very few of us think we need to be polite to our parents at that age!)

Is also good for parents to see their kids behaving well in company!!!!!!!!!!

Great pics Tracey - love the way Jasper manages to look coy with his bunny!

great to see kids doing stuff outdoors!!! how else will they learn aout the countryside and working dogs etc etc , without the experiences from elders the working game is over!!

great pics and good time had by all :thumbsup:

wow your pics tracey are fab :cheers: glad you all had a great weekend :thumbsup:

wow fab pics and well done jasper for catching the bunny :cheers:

:thumbsup: Well done looks like yous all had a great weekend hunting. Jaspa and Radar very impressive looking :thumbsup:

What a lovely weekend you've had, Tracey!

Those pictures are fantastic - love the action shots of Jasper and the Harris Hawk is beautiful :)

It's so nice when kids show an interest in life rather than computer games etc!!! :thumbsup:

Back