The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Fruit

midlanderkeith

Registered
Reaction score
dunno bout your lot, but i cant keep her going in fruit, specially bananas, i buy a bunch just for her every week, she nearly takes my bloody hand off peeling the bugger

Aww....

thats funny Keith because non of mine are that keen on bananas.. :lol:

Jill looks like she's enjoying that banana :D Blue loves fruit too - bananas and pears seem to be his favourite, although he had a wee bit of mango off me yesterday and seemed pretty impressed with that too :D

I'm surprised you haven't taught her to peel it herself Keith. :lol: After all you have trained her to do most things. :thumbsup: :wub:

Sonia and Jesse xx

:lol: Ours love banana too... and I dropped the skin the other day by accident and that went straight down the labrador's throat :lol: :x

I don't get peace to eat a banana these days :- "

Mine love banans too , and raw carrot ,

but be careful with carrots as we had a dog in at work who had had too many and they were fermenting in his tummy and making him poorly :eek:

Somebody told me that if I want my wisteria to flower I should dig in overripe bananas in the ground around it. Well they stayed in there about 30seconds :lol: I had to go and buy another kilo of bananas, dig them in and then place large rocks on top, that helped a bit. I think they only got about half from under the rocks, but the wisteria did flower for the first time after being in the ground for almost a decade. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sidney is a little fussy with what he eats, he knows what he likes and likes what he knows....

Ben on the other hand is game to try anything and yesterday had his first taste of a banana and boy oh boy you'd think he'd found the amber nectar :lol:

He likes the odd banana chip when anyone has them here, but after seeing him yesterday, they are no where near as good as the real thing.

I ended up stuffing his new Kong with some banana :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful with carrots - cut them lengthwise to make a long narrow stick so they don't break off bits that might stick - they don't digest carrot completely and you don't want a blockage. :thumbsup:

Mine loves bananas! I guess no reason not to let her have them? She is also mad about mange tout - ideally cooked but not necessarily

Back