The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Found This In The Rain

billyboy45

Registered
Reaction score
Was going to pick Kirsty up yesterday,and seen this brute sitting on a post.So of i went to the house for the camera.I knew from past experiences with these things,that you dont get too close before they take flight,so i put on the 70/300 lens for the 1st time,and went to see if he was still there.It was literaly pouring from the Heaven's,and i had to be quick.Shooting hand held,with no IS,this was the best i could get,in such conditions.Although i hate the brutes for the damage they do,to the wild hare population,killing young leveret's,and also rabbits,i have to admire their sheer beauty,as birds of prey.Tomorrow Alannah and myself,are off with my nephew and his son,to look at some marine stuff,and a good variety of birds of prey,so i should have a few pix of them to show on here somewhere.Here is the one in ?I then waited till the rain eventualy cleared,and went looking for him again.This time i got a couple of better shots.Pity they were with a camera mind.

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

As i said.They don't hang around long.One click,and he was off.

IMG_1197.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
fabulouse photos once again Billy :cheers: :thumbsup:

(w00t) Hi Billy :) Great Pictures! What bird of prey is it? :blink:

True beauty :)

We get buzzards sitting on the posts down our lane - wish I was good with a camera :blink:

[SIZE=14pt]brilliant photo's billy, beautiful bird[/SIZE]

great to see the buzzard coming back in numbers over here,,,, always leave them a rabbit or two in the field when out ferreting. cracking birds of prey

Wow those are quite amazing despite the conditions... :thumbsup: What an amazing bird.

great pics billy keep them coming :thumbsup:

great pics Billy

my dad has just got my son a hawk

jus a wee pic of Thomas took of his bird

DSCF0453.jpg

and one of Thomas feeding it

DSCF0460.jpg

great birds

rhonda

longstone lass said:
great pics Billy
my dad has just got my son a hawk

jus a wee pic of Thomas took of his bird

DSCF0453.jpg

and one of Thomas feeding it

DSCF0460.jpg

great birds

rhonda

Brilliant pix Rhonda.Hope to take you're dad up on the offer of a day's sport with the Hawks this yeatr,as it never came off last year.Perfect oppertunity for a few good action shots with a difference,id say.

Then there were 2.Was driving down the road yesterday,when i spied these 2,having a rest from flying round above our housing estate all day.Can't get any closer than about 100 yrds though,so as i was taking [pix out of the car window again,they're not too sharp.They are very easy spooked,and were off,the second i stopped the car.

IMG_2014.jpg

IMG_2016.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg

wow great pics,love the buzzards,were i come from in Scotland there quite a few,love watching them soaring in the air.They can be some size as well.Great pics of the hawk.

Back