Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Foster Home Urgently Needed In North West

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esty

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I've just heard from one of the volunteers with Merseyside Retired Greyhound Trust who I also volunteer for. Our manager has put out a desperate plea to help a greyhound girl. We would normally find room at our kennels but for the reasons below this is not appropriate for this poor girl. This is from his email:

The 8 year old greyhound bitch has lived in the same house since she was 18 months old.

Unfortunately she has a diagnosed tumour on her back leg which needs operating on URGENTLY....her present owners

say they cannot afford vet bills and are moving house easter weekend and are not taking the girl with them...chances are she will be PTS...also she has no vacs and isn't spayed....we are looking for a foster home and the branch will give full support...if you feel you can help or know anyone who could please contact me...

As many of you know, I can't foster as my son with AS finds it far too upsetting. Can anyone help?

Please contact Graham of Merseyside RGT (based near St Helens/ Widnes but after a home check we could sort out transport if required as the branch has its own van.).

Call anytime on 01925 638858 or mobile (evenings and weekends) 0797 663 5099

email: candywood39@tiscali.co.uk

Is it OK to cross post this to a couple of other forums?

Yes, the more people who see it, the better :))

I go on holiday on Monday so would love to have some good news before then or I'll be worried while I'm away :(

Merseyside RGT found a foster family but very sadly the owners had already had their girl put to sleep, despite saying they had until Easter weekend. I'm gutted and am wondering which vet would do this if it's treatable :( :(

How terribly sad. I am so sorry.

Rest peacefully beautiful girl.

(Have only just read this post - wish I had read it sooner)

Oh no, why do people do this when they know there are people trying to help? We've been in the same situation and worked our socks off to find foster homes for urgent dogs, only to be told the owners had pts anyway :angry:

Poor girl, so unfair not to be given a chance :(

Unless they are in a position to take the dog in themselves or find a rescue space vets often don't have a lot of choice if people insist they can't keep their dog and want to pts, if they refuse the dog could end up being dumped somewhere (or worse).

I wish i had read this sooner,i would be able to do adoption,even though i'm in Essex and it was far away but still she would now be alive bless her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back