The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

For Sale

hydrotherapy centre in Carrigans Co Donegal has therapy box, 5 pounds/ half hour session but I was quoted 80 pds for 5 days treatment including transporting dog to/from. So it might be worthwhile buying a box! Anybody got a second-hand one? After all I could use it again. I have another dog who had to be rested 6 weeks with a strained tendon from racing, but I gave him no special treatment and he recovered to race well afterwards. The present injury is much more serious, however.

-- I have to talk to a physiotherapist to evaluate whether magnetic treatment is suitable for this type of injury; I know a human physio who is sympathetic to alternative therapies.

Very Good! :lol: :lol:

But if any of you think im capable of getting into that position in the forst place it would be a :- " bloomin miracle!!!!!!!!!

:x :x :x

We had one of these boxes to treat our racing greyhound injuries.

In my opinion they do help stiffness and bring bruising out quicker but nothing upon nothing beats rest for alot of injuries and its my experience that some trainers use these boxes as an excuse to get dogs back on the track in a faster time and before the dogs are ready.

We sold our box some time ago but used properly they have there place.

This is just my experience

Lillibet

used to have a box got rid of it years ago didn't like the idea of the whole of the dog being treated uneccessarily, they have all kinds of pads etc now for treating the relevant areas . I am a great believer in the bioflow collar for treating arthritic conditions and there won't be many racing dogs that won't develop arthritis at some stage I tested it out on MOLLY first a couple of years ago as she did suffer from it around the pelvic area within 3 weeks she was a different dog and never looked back all my dogs wear one now

my dad found magnets useful for back pain (he is elderly and fell and broke a vertebrae)

(my dog doesn't seem to be in significant pain)

yes what if any is the advantage of electro magnets of therapy box re simpler things like magnetic pads

see for example magnet dog bed at www.equihealth.co.uk

and magnetic horse blankets and boots at http://www.foxequestrian.com/viewcategories.php

One general article on magnetic therapy (for humans) is at http://www.ezone.ie/content/view/146/43/

Back