For Sale

sydney

Registered
Reaction score
For Sale: Therapy Box as new, Contact Linda or Dave Waldron 0121 552 0327

Hi Sydney

What is a Therapy Box??

OK I know im Blonde!! 8)

Dawn, A therapy box is an electro magnet. The theory goes something like this, it charges all the irons etc in the dogs blood to all line up the same way, allowing the blood to flow much better, this better flow allows the muscle and tissue to heal far quicker than normal. These boxes have different settings for different types of injuries etc. The boxes are like a normal plastic box with a false floor and the electro magnet is situated under this false floor. They come in whippet size and Greyhound size. I hope this helps you out a little Dawn.

I've got one, they are really good and the dogs love going in it. They go in it everyday after their walk as its ment to reduce the lactic acid in the muscles :D and if they get cut, injured etc....theres different settings on the box to help accelerate recovery :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think it would do any good for my dog who two days ago stepped on something sharp which cut through his paw tearing two ligaments? He's going to have to lie in a crate a lot anyway while he recovers; the vet doesn't sound that optimistic about the ligaments knitting together again.#

I don't know anyone selling or hiring out a box locally (N Ireland) but there is a place you can take dogs and have them sit in the crate for half an hour a day.

Macha said:
Do you think it would do any good for my dog who two days ago stepped on something sharp which cut through his paw tearing two ligaments? He's going to have to lie in a crate a lot anyway while he recovers; the vet doesn't sound that optimistic about the ligaments knitting together again.#
I don't know anyone selling or hiring out a box locally (N Ireland) but there is a place you can take dogs and have them sit in the crate for half an hour a day.

our greyhound vet stiched fiber wire on sonny jims toe ligament he will be of racing for 3 months

Macha said:

Macha.If you go to Derry track ,thursday night,you will. im sure find someone with a magnitherapy box,who will let you use it for 1/2 hour a day,if you talk nice to them.One of these thing's is great for getting a dog ready for a big one,if you know what you're doin.Wish i had one.

How much are they fetching now?

We have one -I'd like rid of-

I'm sure Steve will beg to differ.............

I think they're a pain in the neck....

Theres enough to do without piddling about with settings and remembering to put the bloody dogs in them...

And what proof is there that they actually work?

Karen-

I havent heard of these before - wonder if one would help me (a very big one!!)

i have fibromyalgia which means i have very sore joints and aching muscles all the time ( lactic acid build up in the muscle)

if something other than constant strong pain killers would help me id be so pleased!!!

:)

Must admit I've always felt magnotherapy has limited info on whether it is beneficial or not but there are many who feel it is beneficial, one individual being Tony who I would of thought would have looked at the subject in depth. He doesn't understand how it works either but he does feel it helped Hobgoblin with her fracture.

I did come across a few medical papers on the subject through Physiotherapists where the general guideline was that it helped with bony injuries wheras cold laser therapy and ultra-sound we're more beneficial for soft tissue injuries.

I initially thought it may be to do with iron within the blood being susceptible to magnetic fields but a Consultant I discussed this with said that ferrous iron within the blood isn't magnetic. It seems to be more likely that hydrogen protons within the body are effected in some as this is what is effected within MRI scanners to provide a 'picture' of the body.

I'll add what info I got when I can find it.

Hey-Don't go to any trouble-Its only my opinion....I'm a Sceptic... :b

Same with vitamins-glucosamine-bracelets for arthritis etc etc etc......

Wheres the proof?

How can you be sure-Its ABC thats helped recovery?

Karen

lol it's not you Karen, I'm was one of those 'why?' kids when I was little and I still am! :lol:

When i was vet nursing i used to be an agent for Bioflow collars and bracelets.

I had such a fantastic response from owners with arthriticy dogs coming in to tell me their poor achy dogs were now up and running once more and some were given such a new lease of life it was just amazing and so rewarding to know.

i need something a bit stronger though myself

animalady said:
I havent heard of these before - wonder if one would help me (a very big one!!)i have fibromyalgia which means i have very sore joints and aching muscles all the time ( lactic acid build up in the muscle)

if something other than constant strong pain killers would help me id be so pleased!!!

The bloke i buy my beef from,has had both hip's replaced.1 a couple year's ago,and the other just recently.At time's,when i called up for beef,his wife would shout out,he's out with the dog's Stewaty.On entering the shed he was nowhere to be seen,but when i spoke,this wee Im in here would come out through the wire grid door,and that's where he could be found on accasion's.Swore it helped him big time.If i though it would do Fibromialgia sufferer's any good,i would buy one for my sister,as ive never seen anyone suffer so much pain.I realy feel for you,if you've got this,as i see it's effect's 1st hand,and would not wish it on my worst enemy. ...Billy...

thanks Billy!

at times its worse than others - the cold and damp make it worse - im going to go live somewhere warmer - i wish!

having the dogs and horses helps as keeping active is the key and you cant think of yourself when youve a 16 hand unbroken hooligan in one hand!

hard as it is sometimes i rather be busy than give in to pain and exhaustion!

i just tell myself - theres a lot of people a lot worse off them me and i soon buck up!

regards to your sister

:thumbsup:

Im looking into this at the moment as an alternative to getting a therapy box Magnessage

Id be interested if anyones used one and Jacs Id be really interested in any info you've researched

All the best

Marie

animalady said:
I havent heard of these before - wonder if one would help me (a very big one!!)i have fibromyalgia which means i have very sore joints and aching muscles all the time ( lactic acid build up in the muscle)

I'm sorry to hear you suffer from fibromyalgia animalady :(

But please don't try to get in one of these greyhound size therapy boxes, because out of curiousty Hazel as been helping me to get into ours for the last 45 mins (w00t) :sweating: I entered head first with my knee's up to my chin :eek: with Hazel's foot shoving at my arse end, then Hazel suggested I try getting in the box in a yoga position with both legs around my head :unsure: then the silly bugger shoved me in (w00t) at the moment we're waiting for the fire brigade to come to my rescue :lol:

Hazel, on behalf of Geoff :lol: :clown: pictures to follow if possible.

yoga.jpg

Pleased to say I was succesfully released,just waiting for Robert Meeks to come and check me over tomorrow.

I too suffer from Fybromyalgia and I have to say I wish there was a box big enough for me to fit into. Have you tried Reiki healing animalady? I have found that it helps me a lot.

Back