The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

First Walk

nicky12

Registered
Reaction score
hey how long did you all have to wait to take your pups out on walks after ther second vacs ,my vet said 2 weeks but some people iv talked to say ther vets said i week :blink: tia really needs to be walked shes got so much energy bless her even our big garden isnt doing it for her lol she needs to run in sum fields :D

my vets are saying two weeks after the second jab but they also say it depends on where you walk them,if its somewhere like the moors or in fields you can walk them as soon as youve had their second jab done,but if its where theres a lot of dogs that roam which are unlikely to be vaccinated then you should wait the full two weeks. :thumbsup:

Evie had her second jabs on monday of this week - my vet said that if I was careful where I took her it should be ok. Ive taken her round the road I live in - lots of things to see in my road at the moment - cement mixers, builders and a recycling lorry etc. Ive walked her round the edge of a school playing field and Ive walked her up to my sons school, which is just one straight pavement - I dont even need to cross the road. Ive taken her to the second of her puppy classes tonight - she started them last friday. The vet said that as it was inside, the floor was disinfected with virkon and they have all had both their injections, so it was ok. Got to weigh it all up really and it does depend on where they are taken too.

nicky12 said:
hey how long did you all have to wait to take your pups out on walks after ther second vacs ,my vet said 2 weeks but some people iv talked to say ther vets said i week  :blink: tia really needs to be walked shes got so much energy bless her even our big garden isnt doing it for her lol she needs to run in sum fields  :D
Never you mind gallavanting off out with the dogs :lol: get on that sewing mc and knock me up some long johns fer winter :lol: , if you start now youl have em ready just in time fer winter :lol:

keith :cheers:

My vet said one week Nicky ...he had his jab on the Tuesday and went out on the Saturday :b .....that should have been enough time for the immunity to build up by then really.

Archie had his at 8 and 12 weeks, some people wait much longer.

Dont forget some people dont get their dogs vaccinated at all, and some dogs can become ill even after vaccination too, its all a gamble in life anyway in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the replie :D well i walk them in the forestry and then up onto sum fields ,wev seen the odd dog now and then with ther owners but ..ther are cows about but thats it and i always drive to the forestry even thou its just up the road :- " she had her second injection on monday,keith ya nutter go to premark they sell them ther cheap (w00t)

My vet said we cold take Murphy out on quiet country lanes after his first jab and on proper walks a week after his second, but we played safe and waited a week.

Hi Nicky my vet said one week. I walked him on his own for a couple of weeks and now I take them all out together,he walks so much better with the others.On his own he just kept stopping and wouldn't budge...waiting for me to carry him..now he doesn't do that next to Blue,just keeps jumping up at him:-" (w00t)

make sure you take some piccys of her first walk,if you can that is :D :D

Our vet says one week after second injection.Billy like a wild horse at the moment,but he will soon get used to the lead :D

nicky12 said:
thanks for the replie  :D well i walk them in the forestry and then up onto sum fields ,wev seen the odd dog now and then with ther owners but ..ther are cows about but thats it and i always drive to the forestry even thou its just up the road  :- " she had her second injection on monday,keith ya nutter go to premark they sell them ther cheap  (w00t)
Have you been on them dam pot noodles again Nicky :lol: i traipsed all over town today looking and askin fer PREMARK, its PRIMARK, i'l have you for that :lol:

keith :cheers:

Back