The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Finally Winter

bardmand

Registered
Reaction score
Even though it is still quite roomy, Gullet seemed to appreciate the hand-me-down coat from my previous whippet that I let her wear for the first time today:

elva.jpg

The second picture is taken around noon, and shows the final glimpses of sun we will be seeing here for a while. We actually live just south of the arctic circle, so in theory the sun will rise above the horizon all through winter. However, due to the high mountains, there really is not much daylight in November through January.

lastglimpse.jpg

What amazing pictures! It looks like a really beautiful place :wub: (if not a bit chilly!)Does this mean your whippet sleeps a lot in the winter -_- ?

Alison

alilemur said:
What amazing pictures! It looks like a really beautiful place  :wub: (if not a bit chilly!)Does this mean your whippet sleeps a lot in the winter -_- ?Alison

Perhaps - but probably mostly because I do. I must admit I prefer the midnight sun in summer to the dark of winter. Today was lovely, though.

Lovely pictures :cheers: - no snow here yet :eek:

What beautiful scenery, fantastic photos!

brrrrr ... but after looking at your pix, I think I might (only might, mind) stop whinging about how cold it is here for a little while (east coast of England) :D :D

What a brave little dog, must be used to the cold underfoot. I was worrying about our little one walking out on frost this weekend (w00t) (w00t)

the light is really strange near the arctic circle, we were lucky enough to go to Lapland a few years ago and it was only light between about 10 am and 2 pm, but so so beautiful, must be lovely to have the long days in summer tho' :thumbsup:

Julie D said:
What a brave little dog, must be used to the cold underfoot. I was worrying about our little one walking out on frost this weekend  (w00t)   (w00t) the light is really strange near the arctic circle, we were lucky enough to go to Lapland a few years ago and it was only light between about 10 am and 2 pm, but so so beautiful, must be lovely to have the long days in summer tho'  :thumbsup:

Actually, she has not seen much snow until the last week or so, but she does not seem too worried about it (not about anything really). Frost without the snow is very pretty, but it is also a bit more worrisome, as I came to realise three weeks ago when she lost a nail :oops: She is fine now, though.

Summers can be lovely up here when the weather is nice, that's right, but winter has its charms, too. I used to live even further north, and there we would witness the northern lights almost every night - you really cannot get used to the immense beauty of the aurora borealis.

alilemur said:
What amazing pictures! It looks like a really beautiful place  :wub: (if not a bit chilly!)Does this mean your whippet sleeps a lot in the winter -_- ?Alison

beautiful pix... makes England look muddy and pale green

That looks so beautiful, but I know I wouldn't survive, my arthritis get going when its cold, and I'm suffering at the moment. Dylan would never go out.....he whittered and whinged yesterday because he had to walk on frosty pavements, his feet seem to get sore very easily! I do envy you the Northern Lights though I'd love to see them.

Beautiful landscape :) .........and with snow, you lucky thing ........We hardly ever get snow here :(

Lovely pics, don't envy you the darkness though.

Strike Whippets said:
Beautiful landscape  :) .........and with snow, you lucky thing ........We hardly ever get snow here  :(
I think we're due some this weekend :sweating: :sweating:

Back