The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Fern Is Expecting Frozen Pupsicles !

Rebanne

Registered
Reaction score
Fern was bred using frozen semen in November and is expecting pups on Jan 18th. The ultrasound last week only showed 2 pups but we are hopeful for a couple more than that. Belly pics are here:

http://www.pbase.com/rebanne/belly_pics

Fern is currently 5 and 1/2 weeks gone and seems to be getting bigger every couple of days :D

I am starting to get a bit excited :- )

How exciting
1.gif

who was she bred to?

Good luck with the puppies

good luck :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: with the expected arrivals.

Don't forget we love loads of photos :thumbsup:

I can't see the test mating as my internet explorer crashes everytime I click on a link :angry:

good luck :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: with the expected arrivals.
Don't forget we love loads of photos :thumbsup:

I can't see the test mating as my internet explorer crashes everytime I click on a link :angry:

Oh, that would be annoying. Fern was bred to Ch Xilone Spring Sparrow, a white and fawn dog, bred by Fern's breeder in the 80's. I've had a lot of fun tracing both lines back to the 1830's this afternoon. There are even photo's as far back as 1838!

I know you have trouble clicking links but if you google greyhound-data you might want to have a look around. I have put up quite a few show bred dogs as have other people. Plus there are thousands of race bred dogs.

http://www.greyhound-data.com/index.htm

Sorry to bore you if you already know about the greyhound data site :b

I'm already a member on the greyhound data site as I have a show bred greyhound and an ex racing greyhound. I didn't realis there were any show breds on the data base :thumbsup:

Good luck. With puppies :thumbsup:

Interesting looking at the greyhound data

Our show bred girl is from the Mistweave kennels.

6 weeks today :D

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

I've taken pics from week one

Belly Pics

kierpark I have been keeping an eye on Mistweave Kennels. They are one kennel I would like to import some semen from one day.

If anyone wants their dogs added to the data base I am happy to do it for you

She's looking good. Cannot wait to baby greyhounds.

Good luck.

Michelle and Flett

Fern is 8 weeks today and we have just returned from having her xrayed. There are 2 large pups, one in each horn, presenting feet first. I am amazed at the clarity of the xray. Vet and I have discussed tactics and now we wait and see what happens. Fern is due on Sunday.

medium.jpg

Not long to wait Anne, you would have no doubt gone from counting down the weeks to days and now it's close enough to be an hourly countdown :thumbsup:

Hope it is an easy whelping for Fern.

By the way Fern looks so much like her sire Grant (Aust Ch Satinfield Coffee Break), I love the mask.

Best wishes from us, await the news of the litter.

Noelene & brother Oliver xxxxx

Grant3.jpg

It's getting very close. Bet you can not wait.

I love seeing bady greyhounds.

:luck: Good Luck :luck:

Michelle and Fleet

Fern is having a C-Section in 1 1/2 hours time. The 2 puppies have not triggered labour.

Good luck, I hope all goes well :luck: Can't wait to see the little ones :thumbsup:

we have a boy 570 grams and a girl 530 grams, both white and blue or blue fawn, not sure yet. Fern has come through okay, letting them drink but that's about it for now. I have resorted to putting tin cat food on the pups to encourage her to lick them. This message has taken over an hour to write :D

Boy on left, girl on right

medium.jpg

Girl on left, boy on right

medium.jpg

Back