The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Feeding Igs

sarah_b_24

Registered
Reaction score
Hi id just like to know what people feel is best to feed their ig on? ;) ;)

mine have raw chicken wings , important for good teeth cleaning , as igs can be prone to bad mouths for various reasons, lamb ribs raw again , raw tripe and biscuits , laughing dog is good , although i use red mills tracker , and raw butchers mince

as much raw as i can feed rather than usuing commercial complete feeds

I agree with Posh Totty, I only have three Iggies but try to feed as much raw meat as possible. I must admit mine occasionally catch the odd rabbit too! But this is due to where we live and them sneaking out over the farm gate!! (shock horror an Iggy going hunting!!)

Liza x

lucy hasnt had any rabbits YET!!!! Been close a few times- seems funny lots of people read these posts but dont answer them??

lucy hasnt had any rabbits YET!!!! Been close a few times- seems funny lots of people read these posts but dont answer them??

lots of people reading will probabily be people who dont have an ig,

i dont have an ig so i cant comment. but i still came on to read the topic as i thought it may be interesting :thumbsup:

i dont have an ig so i cant comment. but i still came on to read the topic as i thought it may be interesting :thumbsup:

Didnt think of that lol

Didnt think of that lol
My heart would love an Iggie, :wub: :wub: but my head says no. So I often read the Iggie Section as I love seeing photos and reading about them, although I don't have one myself.

:) I think maybe their should be a new post where everyone could put their recipes in? or is there one?

Trev is on a dry food as I was told it was what he was used to and he was 10yrs old when I got him. But, he did catch himself a nice collared dove for Christmas Day brunch! By the time we saw what he was up to there was only the head and feet left!!

I don't have an iggie much as my son would love one.

I have been with Posh Totty when she goes to get her raw food. The strange thing is we spent a week with Tanya about 18 months ago. My greyhound William went with us. Now William does not eat anything unless its cooked but he was counter surfing and kept stealing RAW tripe and bones of the sides and EATING them. We took some home for him and guess what the daft limp wouldn't eat it at home even when I left it on the side were he could get it he woldn't touch it.

The only thing we can think is it must have been the sea air that made him greedy. His breeder said he wouldn't eat bones when he was a puppy even though his siblings did.

Been reading a lot about feeding raw food and since Trevi was none the worse for eating the pigeon I have just given him a raw chicken wing which he promptly grabbed from his bowl and took outside to munch on, presumably thought it had got there by mistake and didn't want it taken away!.

Back