The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Exciting new app for dog owners

JoanneF

Registered
Reaction score
This popped up on my Facebook feed this morning - looks fantastic.
Screenshot_20190401-084641.jpg

Scroll down -

I know ...!

On special offer, for today only!

Amazing! I've also been offered crystals you charge by plugging into the mains.

Incredible what you can get nowadays

Nice idea...but not a cat in hells chance would I use one, a £500 + phone strapped to the side of a dog...no chance. You may as well leave the phone on top of a wall with a note saying...free to a good home on it.

Talking of apps for dog-owners: there’s a really useful app I’ve been using called “Petlas” (as in Atlas for Pets) which is really easy to use and shows dog-friendly places in various categories (pubs/restaurants, cafes, hotel, holiday cottages, bar, campsite, park, beach, vets, pet services, pet supplies, pet boarding, other pet-friendly venue). It works by users adding venues they find that are pet-friendly and allows people to add comments if they wish or report a problem (eg. listing has changed ownership and is no longer dog-friendly).
I’m on a mission to add every dog-friendly place I go too.
There are a few gaps obviously, in some areas, as it relies on users to add locations, but I think it’s an extremely good app.
I’ve got “DoggiePubs” but I don’t find this as useful as 1) it’s only for pubs, and 2) the app-managers insist on a lot of detail about the pub you submit before they will publish it, whereas with Petlas it gets submitted straight away. I try to add a lot of detail on my submissions, but if i haven’t got time to then it’s better to add it with not much detail- at least it’s there then for other dog-owners in the future.
Just thought I’d share about it as it’s a great app and will be even better once word spreads about it.

Talking of apps for dog-owners: there’s a really useful app I’ve been using called “Petlas” (as in Atlas for Pets) which is really easy to use and shows dog-friendly places in various categories (pubs/restaurants, cafes, hotel, holiday cottages, bar, campsite, park, beach, vets, pet services, pet supplies, pet boarding, other pet-friendly venue). It works by users adding venues they find that are pet-friendly and allows people to add comments if they wish or report a problem (eg. listing has changed ownership and is no longer dog-friendly).
I’m on a mission to add every dog-friendly place I go too.
There are a few gaps obviously, in some areas, as it relies on users to add locations, but I think it’s an extremely good app.
I’ve got “DoggiePubs” but I don’t find this as useful as 1) it’s only for pubs, and 2) the app-managers insist on a lot of detail about the pub you submit before they will publish it, whereas with Petlas it gets submitted straight away. I try to add a lot of detail on my submissions, but if i haven’t got time to then it’s better to add it with not much detail- at least it’s there then for other dog-owners in the future.
Just thought I’d share about it as it’s a great app and will be even better once word spreads about it.
Thank you, that sounds really useful.

Back