The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

English Derby 2012 Festival Of Racing

mollyxx

Registered
Reaction score
I was extremely shocked to discover that ‘someone’ has tried to damage the race track at Fordingbridge.

I can only assume that it was to ‘stop’ any racing going ahead for the forthcoming big event.

I’m not sure why, only the person/s involved will know that answer.

The police are involved after an investigation was immediately instigated by Fordingbridge Town Council. Hopefully the culprit/s will be soon apprehended and prosecuted for this nasty vindictive behaviour; the Police and Town Council believe that the incident was aimed solely at the Whippet Club.

Fordingbridge Wrc would like to stress that the track is fine, albeit discoloured at this present time for the final 70yds.

The Rugby Club ground-staff have since the incident took place, & continue to do so, soak the track several times a day and have given the grass necessary treatment for its recovery.

I’d like to add that Fordingbridge Town Council has reassured us that if it was at all necessary there is a ‘Plan B’ which would work equally well.

But I stress again that I have been assured that apart from the colour, the track remains in a good race condition has plenty of covering and is still nice and springy underfoot!

Doreen & Bill will be at the Champs Sunday if you require any further reassurance.

We are all looking forward to our planned forthcoming Festival of Racing at Fordingbridge next week.

Thank you all for your continued support!

hope they are soon caught.shocking news :angry:
You are right on that Chris, you know it wasn't me---i don't get my stuff till tonight.lol

If i knew who it was they wouldn't be happy. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad it's not derailed plans should be great event one of best events on calendar good luck with it :thumbsup:

What disgusting behaviour, how could anyone be so vindictive? I sincerely hope that whoever it is gets caught very quickly and is dealt with very harshly.

lets get this straight I DID NOT DO IT so anyone wants to say something about it say it to me no more rumours please

there are some sick people about. wtf does anyone want to do this for???? hope everything is ok and all goes well. as lyndon says one of the best events on the calender. best of luck to all competing :luck:

hope they are soon caught.shocking news :angry:
You are right on that Chris, you know it wasn't me---i don't get my stuff till tonight.lol

If i knew who it was they wouldn't be happy. :angry:

bet you glad i forgot that roundup you asked for now lol

i certainly hope it wasnt that used as watering that after used just speeds up it dying

ALWAYS HEARD GOOD THINGS FROM FORDINGBRIDGE,THE TRACK , AND A LOVELY AREA.

SAD NEWS. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Me and my mother are going to Fordingbridge for the English Derby,

and was shocked to hear that someone could be vindictive againest

Fordingbridge WRC, i hope everyone will still come and support fordingbridge wrc

and the english derby and prove to those who have been vindictive againest these

events that whippet racing will continue at these events.

we hope to see everyone next week at Fordingbridge.

jane and dot.

there are some real sad bastards around hope they find out who is responsible if its found to be anyone from whippet racing they should be kicked out permanently thats my opinion anyway

on a brighter note after all the hard work between the club and council I hear the track is better than ever WELL DONE everyone and best of luck with the event :luck:

Back