The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Early Pace Or Strong Finish

i think its 50/50

i ve seen dog,s win from trap,,,,,,and win from shadowing the lead dog till finish line,,and throw themselfs over the finish line

any dog 26lb upwards,,has to have a good finish aswell ,,,and know when the time is right to turn on the speed tap,,,at 150 /160 or 175 +

i think the strong finisher,s are very tactical racers,,,,and defintetly better to watch at finish line,,,,,,,,,( strong finisher,s for me every time ) better to watch :thumbsup:

OK HERE IS WHAT I ,LOOK FOR IN A GREYHOUND FOR BREEDING WHIPPETS

A GOOD MIDDLE DISTANCE BITCH ANYTHING UP TO ABOUT 60LB

I WANT EARLY PACE IN HER AND IN HER LITTER MATES

IM NOT LOOKING FOR ANY THING OVER THE 525 MARKER

IT IS MUCH EASIER TO PICK A BITCH UP THAT HAS NOT RUN OR HAS NOT DONE THAT WELL

IF THIS IS THE CASE THEN I WOULD BE LOOKING AT HER LITTERMATES TO SEE HOW THEY ARE RUNNING

ANYTHING ABOVE A3 IS A GOOD INDICATION IN ENGLAND

THEN I GO BACK TO SEE WHATS IN HER BREEDING .AGAIN IM LOOKING FOR MIDDLE DISTANCE TOP OPEN CLASS GRANDPERENTS

GARY :D

the strong finisher,s ,,,are no good unless they can trap ALITTLE when it comes to sprint,,,,,i had a bitch who wasnt beaten in a dash for 3 year,s at arbroath w,r,c,30lber, booker s,,out off pj x booker t

and a 27lber took it away from her,,castoff ,,,im off x booker t

but then the late davey gregg came a long with a whippet called sole provider and beat them both,,,,,,at the dash and at arbroath we did 15yrd 20 yrd 25 yrd 50 and 100yrd on a regular bases

i remember doing a 100yrd time event at arbroath ,,,,,,castoff 27lber did a faster time than nch pure geniues 32lb,,,gave pure geniuis 1 1/2 yard start at 100yard dash and beat her,,,,,,,,but there was no way,,,,,cast off could give pure genius a head start at 150 or 160 e,t,c,,,,,,,,,,,meaning ? pure genius had a good finish,,,,,,( iam not too sure ,,,but staurt the owner told me she got 2nd at highland derby,,if it was the main final that bitch had to have a good finish,,,,not sure as i didnt ask him if it was main final ????????

as for greyhounds,,when breeding the best trapper would be the safer bet,,,,to breed from as we do to the sprint,,,,,and i for one would have to agree,,,,,but that doent take away the ,,,the whippet that has the strong finisher,,,,u have to ask urself ???,,,what if this type off whippet ( strong finisher )decided to run from trap to finish line,like a manaic,,,,would a fast trapper live with it?????????????

im sorry but im confused a little with these posts lol a fast trapper doesnt always have early pace :thumbsup: so to me if a fast trapper as early pace on sprint its game over and most you are saying having fast finishs havent its just they bigger and its taken that yardage to get near them :D

im sorry but im confused a little with these posts lol a fast trapper doesnt always have early pace :thumbsup: so to me if a fast trapper as early pace on sprint its game over and most you are saying having fast finishs havent its just they bigger and its taken that yardage to get near them :D
wot about in a scratch race? nikki whizz is a good trapper and i wud say good early pace, but she doesnt win a lot, why? coz the hard finishers like say curlin really start motoring @ about 130yds whereas mine whose a canny trapper with canny early pace just keeps the same pace wheras like i say a strong finisher seems to step up a gear IMO

wot about in a scratch race? nikki whizz is a good trapper and i wud say good early pace, but she doesnt win a lot, why? coz the hard finishers like say curlin really start motoring @ about 130yds whereas mine whose a canny trapper with canny early pace just keeps the same pace wheras like i say a strong finisher seems to step up a gear IMO
yes but curlin dont trap well on straights so not get good start but when gets going is just faster

well have we all been engrossed in x factor? i know i have lol :lol: ;)

Was that not the great MINEOLA FARLOE,who led the whole way.He belongs to a friend of mine.Seamus Mc Clousky,from Derry.Had a litter from him,to my dislocater bitch.He was in a few dearby finals,and won the consilation final,on his last derby attempt.In a faster time,that the derby final itself,was won in.Can have the dog over any of my bitches,if and when i want it.

Early pace is best...i once saw Geoff Fletcher running away from the police, that were fast!!!!

Early pace is best...i once saw Geoff Fletcher running away from the police, that were fast!!!!
And if you'd had abit more early pace, maybe we wouldn't have been caught :unsure: :lol:

This was the cctv image of Alan just before he got caught :p

can someone separate this topic please? early pace strong finish one topic and brood bitchs a separate topic thanks

Back