The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Dogs Needing Rehomed.

Orinjpeel

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

I help out a greyhound rescue group in Scotland (Give A Greyhound A Home) and they are needing homes for 30 dogs really urgently. There is a trainer up here who is retiring due to ill health and all the dogs have to be rehomed very soon.

If anyone can help could you please PM me or go onto www.gagah.co.uk for further details.

Thanks a lot

Neil

Have u tried the trainer up at balerno last i heard she was taking in the odd rescue, if u need her details give me a shout and will try and find them for u. good luck in rehoming these guys sorry i cant help hubby would kill me.

Have you tried the RGT? They may be able to help spreading the dogs around the country to give them a better chance.

Hope you manage to find homes for them. :luck:

Thanks, I will find out if anyone has tried the RGT and if not I will give it a go. Could you get me the details of the trainer in balerno? Any possible leads would be a big help. If I take in anymore I will probably get divorced.

thank you so much for your help.

the rgt wont touch them unless there NRG race dogs if there flappers they dont want to know

As far as I understand it the RGT cannot turn away greyhounds NGRC registered or not. When they collect money they do not state "only certain greyhounds are rehomed by us".

Cerito

Cerito said:
As far as I understand it the RGT cannot turn away greyhounds NGRC registered or not.  When they collect money they do not state "only certain greyhounds are rehomed by us".
Cerito

What you under stand and what they do are 2 differnt things I was invoved with them for a few year head office may help but individual branches will only take nrg dogs from there own track

O would contact the sighthound rescues there are quiet a lot around now and they can usualy work together to take the dogs in

Last edited by a moderator:
The RGT have very kindly offered to help us out. It was another member of GAGAH that has dealt with them so I do not know to what extent it will be.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I thank you all for your suggestions.

Neil

thats greet :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: hold your ground with them cos head office have them mony and kennals space to take the lot so if they havent said all just keep pushing it nicly till they do

I'm so glad some of them are sorted. I agree, if you keep pushing, they'll probably help with all of them - they can be spread around the country to help their chances of rehoming, so they should be able to squeeze all of them in somewhere, although most greyhound rescues do seem quite full at the moment.

fallenangel said:
Cerito said:
As far as I understand it the RGT cannot turn away greyhounds NGRC registered or not.  When they collect money they do not state "only certain greyhounds are rehomed by us".
Cerito

What you under stand and what they do are 2 differnt things I was invoved with them for a few year head office may help but individual branches will only take nrg dogs from there own track

O would contact the sighthound rescues there are quiet a lot around now and they can usualy work together to take the dogs in

A very late reply....sorry

This was not once so but is now

Any greyhound that has an ear tattoo will be accepted by the RGT for rehoming even if it has never raced in England.

Thankfully we found places for all of the dogs. Which was really good going. The RGT did play a big part in it all.

that is great well done :)

they deserve a good home

well done at least they now have a chance of a forever home good :luck:

Good news that its all sorted :thumbsup:

Also after the 'Smith the builder' debacle in the news there seems to be a lot more enquiries about rehoming retired greys so some good has actually come out of bad. Our trainer (also RGT co-ordinator) actually rehomed a few last weekend and has noticed a steady stream of phone calls regarding homing one.

Just having a proper read through the first post. If a trainer has decided to retire, are all his greyhounds retired? Have all the racers gone? Or just put out to pasture?

Lolcoe said:
Good news that its all sorted :thumbsup:
Also after the 'Smith the builder' debacle in the news there seems to be a lot more enquiries about rehoming retired greys so some good has actually come out of bad. Our trainer (also RGT co-ordinator) actually rehomed a few last weekend and has noticed a steady stream of phone calls regarding homing one.

thats excellent news. :D its the publicity thats done it.every cloud has a silver lining :thumbsup: sounds like your trainer is one of the better ones :)

Back