The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Dog You Killed His Owner????

galty

Registered
Reaction score
Reported at the time that this dog turned on his owner and killed him, the police reported that they shot the dog as he was out of control and a danger.

THEN THE TRUTH COMES OUT.

And a dog is dead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7247816.stm

Edit

Should read Dog WHO killed his owner

Last edited by a moderator:
from the website:"Dog owner died of natural causes"

A 78-year-old man believed to have been killed by his rottweiler dog in east London died from natural causes.

A post-mortem examination has revealed that Jim Rehill suffered a stroke moments before the apparent attack.

Witnesses said Mr Rehill 'looked like a doll' as the animal shook and bit him in Plaistow, last month.

But the post-mortem examination held at East Ham mortuary appeared to back claims from some witnesses that the pet was trying to help the owner.

Mr Rehill was taken to hospital suffering from severe head and facial injuries and died later that night.

Armed police killed the dog near the scene"

One of the papers did report that someone claimed the

dog seemed to be trying to get the man up.

The poor sod was confused i should imagine as to why

he was laying there and ignoring him :(

reminds me of the (mythological) story of Gelert the Welsh hound who was killed because it was thought he'd killed a baby, when in fact he had saved the baby from a wolf

thats horrible the poor dog.

i know if im playing with the kids and pretend to sleep or somthing they get anoyed and push you about and try to get you up, but its all in good fun

i guess a dog would do the same wonder why you werent moving or responding and it would try to get you up the only way it knows how, with its mouth.

what a shame at least dog and owner are together again.

Macha said:
reminds me of the (mythological) story of Gelert the Welsh hound who was killed because it was thought he'd killed a baby, when in fact he had saved the baby from a wolf
Yes, has similarities hasn't it? But when I heard this the other day, it was reported as if it was known the dog was trying to revive his owner, but wouldn't let para-medics or such near him. Why not a vet called and a tranquilising dart used? Poor dog, bet he loved that man so much

Pauline

thats terrible. :( the police seem to be killing dogs and people with equal equanimity these days and noone seems to get in any trouble for it. :unsure:

This is sad

That poor dog was proberly trying to help his owner.Dogs can get protective and snappy when they feel their owner is in trouble.

My daughters were arguing about remote control at my parents home,my older daughter lunged forward to grab the control from Paris(pinky p).Alfie jumped out of carrier crate and bit my older girl right on the bum!! Even family members who are not dog crazy said Alfie was protecting Paris.

This is what I suspect here.

As was mentioned,why shoot dog and kill it,surely to tranquilize it would have been better untill the autopsy results were confirmed.

Haste causes waste yet again.....................

thats a very sad tale. i bet we wont see it on the news though....and the rottie bashing will go on :(

its sad how rottwillers and pitbulls get a bad name its not the dog its the owener i have a rottie and she is soft as sh1t lol 8)

Back