The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Dog Urine Pong - Odour Neutraliser

Finleyfoofoo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

As most of you probably know,we have doubled our doggie family to 4 since last year.We have mainly slabs in the garden,all the dogs are peeing,one after the other.and i am finding it a nightmare,as i hate the smell of wee outside.I have tried everything.Bio powder,Jayes,Milton as well as a good jetwash once a month.I wondered if anyone has any good tips or advice as to what they use in the garden.Its bad enough.as Cracker has eaten all my plants in the raise flower beds,now he can stand on the wall and attack my hanging baskets!!!I can cope with all that,i just need to sort the eau de pee pong out.

Amandaxx

I use Zoflora Lemon. You only need a little as it dilutes down a lot. I also use a watering can as soon as the dogs pee, I think that helps. There is a substance called OdourKill, that works as well. I don't think you can ever get rid of the smell completely.

Hi Amanda :D

I get a product from TPMS called 'Deodoriser' It comes in a 5 litre container and costs about 9 squid. Its made from natural stuff, so no worries about chemicals and dog's feet. I dilute it in a watering can and wash the yards down and it takes away all wee smells.

I also use it to mop the kitchen floors when the dogs have been in and out and I even add a capful to the washing machine when I put the dog beds through.

After trying to find something for ages, I cant recommend this stuff highly enough and TPMS are very easy to deal with. ;)

Caroline.

I get a product from TPMS called 'Deodoriser' It comes in a 5 litre container and costs about 9 squid. Its made from natural stuff, so no worries about chemicals and dog's feet. I dilute it in a watering can and wash the yards down and it takes away all wee smells.

I also use it to mop the kitchen floors when the dogs have been in and out and I even add a capful to the washing machine when I put the dog beds through.

After trying to find something for ages, I cant recommend this stuff highly enough and TPMS are very easy to deal with. ;)

Caroline.
Hi Caroline,

That sounds more like what i am after.I will go and Google it now.

Thanks ever so much.

Amandaxxx

Caroline.
Hi again Caroline,

I have got the number,i have that brand of tripe for the pup,i am going to order some in the morning,thanks for the tip.

Amandax

Biological washing powder does wonders, but make sure it isnt too foamy!

I got one of those pressure sprayers & use diluted Vircon disinfectant. It's certainly not cheap but it lasts for ages as it's diluted down quite a lot. It comes in different smells (we have lavender) and is totally animal friendly. It's what we use in the kennels at work & really does get rid of all that pongy wee smell :))

I hose everything down & then brush the excess water away & then spray all over with the disinfectant 7 then just let it dry on

Caroline.

I use the same product too. It's great and i order it along with my meat so i don't pay delivery :D

it's on special offer at the moment http://www.tpms.co.uk/offers.htm

Caroline.

I use the same product too. It's great and i order it along with my meat so i don't pay delivery :D

it's on special offer at the moment http://www.tpms.co.uk/offers.htm
Thanks everyone,

I have ordered two 5 litre tubs to give it a go.Sadly they are not accepting any new customers for meat at the mo,as a bit of a shortage.

Amandaxx

There is nothing like a good regular hosing off any paved/concreted area. :)

Back