The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Dog Holidays For Evie And I

HopeRosie

Registered
Reaction score
Just something Im thinking about for when my children spend most of the summer holidays with their dad :wacko: Is there such a thing as a dog holiday? where owners and their doglets go away together, have short daily training sessions together, have a go a new things like flyball or intro to mini agility - all on a fun very basic intro level or even working towards a KC bronze award or something. Evie will only be a few months old so Im only looking for fun things rather than competition based.

I could just get a cottage or something so I can take Evie for some long walks - but I would prefer to have organised things so I dont feel completely "all on my own"

Not that far from Cheshire either (dont want much do I lol)

I don't know anything about these people so can't recommend them, but they do dog training/activity holidays which look fun:

http://www.wagmorebarkless.co.uk/

I've also heard of someone in Somerset who rents out a holiday cottage and combines this with one-to-one training and agility training sessions that you can fit in as part of your holiday. I can't find the details at the moment but can get them if you are interested.

Here's another one - again, I don't know anything about them personally, just read it on the web http://www.petsarewelcome.co.uk/Scripts/pr...p?idproduct=327

You may find they would consider her to young this year though, as her concentration span will be very short, so maybe next year might be better. Sounds great fun, hope you find what you are looking for :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive seen a few advertised in the classified pages of 'Your Dog' mag :thumbsup: ( Activity type hols and just the rent-a-cottage and walk types!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! I know this is an old post however I've just joined and thought I would introduce myself in the hope that we may be of interest in the future. We are www.brechfaforestbarns.com and our Facebook page is Brechfa Forest Barns - totally dog friendly holiday cottages. We offer:-

- breathtaking views
- beautiful accommodation
- enclosed gardens
- no limit on the number of dogs allowed
- forest and mountain walks from the door
- dog friendly beaches a short drive away
- an abundance of info on dog friendly attractions in each of the lets
- optional delicious home cooked meals delivered hot to your table
- dog sitting
- mountain bike hire and guiding on site

We have just been awarded TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence and have over 60 x 5 star reviews: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g1472488-d2694907-Brechfa_Forest_Barns-Brechfa_Carmarthenshire_Wales.html

I very much hope we are of interest :)

Nikki

10424272_746108325432794_1783630069279953803_n.jpg

BTB1.jpg

BTB1.jpg

10424272_746108325432794_1783630069279953803_n.jpg

Back