The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Does Your Hound Dig?!

sarah2

Registered
Reaction score
My lurcher Sonny has a new hobby! Not content with all his toys and our other dog Max to play with he has taken to a bit of landscape gardening. He loves to be in the garden with me whilst I'm doing the gardening, not that I get anything done as he steels all my tools. I can always tell when he's going to do it because he races around the garden in circles throwing anything he can up in the air, stops to dig a bit of his favourite hole then starts all over again. Does anyone else have a bonkers dog like mine?

Sounds like a typical puppy, for ever on the go. Digging, they all do that at some stage. :lol:

scarlets our first digger ever shes a whippet greyhound. we used to fill the holes in then she would make a new one so we now leave her with a hole that shes dugg out he wayshe has fun now stealing anything and putting it in the hole. but it means we can allways fined everything shes took now. shes only 7 months so dont if it will stop as she getts older hope so

Naughty Jazzy loves to dig holes, most of mine have dug the odd hole but she is relentless! :angry:

That's good to know! We don't know how old Sonny is but we think he's between 2 and 3 and he's only just started with his digging thing. A good idea to keep one hole for him to have because he is relentless too. Unfortunately his favourite one is in the centre of the lawn! Gonna take him to the beach soon and are expecting 'skinny bum in the air' carnage.

Cheers!

carnt wait to take scarlet digging on the beach let see how deep she can go. was going to take her on friday but with lacey ahning an open bit on her thigh dont wnat to get sand in it so will ahve to wait a few weeks

yes! shes only little but digs like a maniac and rips chunks out of the ground with her pirahna teeth like a ground hound possessed lol

My lurcher Hebe can dig for England :clown: We used to have a lawn but what with her peeing & digging (right over where the cat is buried :eek: ) we decided to get rid of the lawn & now have slate chippings instead.

When we go to the beach she is in heaven as she is allowed to dig as much as she likes.

It does have it's uses tho, last weekend we went to a show & I put my awning up next to the campervan. At the end of the weekend I couldn't manage to pull some of the big tent pegs out as the ground was so dry. I just said "Dig, Dig, Dig" to Hebe & within a minute there was a big crater around the peg & out it came. ;)

BTW she is 10 this year and still digging so don't expect it to stop just cos they get older :lol:

:lol: I had to have one of my dogs crated and sent back to me from Australia once, (w00t) that's how go she was. :teehee: dig for England when their pups. :sweating: Di

yep our smokes the same hes 9 months :) i use to have a loads of iris thanks to smoke we have one :clown: leave him for a minute and hes digging for england carnt wait to have my lawn up and slabs down little bugger :) :)

001_max___smoke.jpg

YES THEY DO!!!!

as an strapped up ankle due to falling down a hole while pegging out the washing proves. My garden is like a minefield full of potholes all ready for the unwary. Then theres the muck and grass sods stuck in their feet duly wiped clean on the sofa. Dont you just love them.

Lyn

YES THEY DO!!!! as an strapped up ankle due to falling down a hole while pegging out the washing proves. My garden is like a minefield full of potholes all ready for the unwary. Then theres the muck and grass sods stuck in their feet duly wiped clean on the sofa. Dont you just love them.

Lyn
Sounds just like my garden, I have 5 whippets but just one that likes to dig. On the bright side, digging buffs their nails a treat! :lol:

kuba has tryed the digging too, its quite funny cause at the moment its her new thing.. but we have a concreted back garden so on the bright side i dont need to chase her to trim her nails. kuba is 5 months and has got confused between cats and dogs and when shes in the living room at night she curls around my shoulders. :) but now i dont need to worry about her scrapping my little one, or me cause her nails are well trimmed.. :thumbsup:

my boy is 3 and his favourite pastime is digging :clown: it's especially good fun to redig the holes we fill in

IMGP2275__Small___Custom_.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hillarious picture, really made me smile. I'm used to that view of Sonny!

such a delicate little girly, she's plastered because she had just pranced through the middle of the fishpond trying to catch one!

i know theres something here

DSC02299.jpg

oi, mine

DSC02293.jpg

DSC02307-1.jpg

i'll just have to make a new one then

DSC02305.jpg

i think our smoke must be crossed with a jcb with the amount of holes he dug yesterday :) :)

hes feet and face covered in soil little bugger dont you just love them :) :)

Back