The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Does your dog sleep in your bed?

Oreo

Registered
Reaction score
Does your dog sleep in your bed?

Does he/she sneak in when your not there?

Oreo loves our bed to the point where she learnt to open the bedroom door to get there!!

So we leave the door open now and pretend that we shut it. When we get home she will run downstairs and pretend to come out of the living room and stretch as if she just woke up! lol

Molly doesn't, and that's mostly because she's huge, very furry and usually has at least half a tonne of mud carried around in her very long coat. She's not allowed on the furniture for the same reasons.

If she was smaller then I'd consider allowing her up at carefully controlled times.

Dixie did when she was a tiny puppy, but now she loves her crate/den. Winston has a crate...........however he 'talks' at you till you let him in the bed and we pretend he's a naughty boy not sleeping in his crate then we snuggle up and go to sleep. He's still quite small so he shares my pillow. We were supposed to be going all out sleeping in crate last night and I did really well HUBBY however said he looked sad at 2am and put him in the bed!!!! This is the man who was adamant no dogs in bed or on seatee. yet they are allowed in the bed and they have their OWN seatee, LOL (w00t)

Yes Gem sleeps on the bed at night when I'm in it and Pearl sleeps on it during the day. Not much room for me!

ma dogs are nearly 11 so as they getting older i let them into bedroom but they been happy upstairs a for a few yrs now

I have to say that two of my cats are currently asleep curled up in the bed (not on the bed, they are under the covers) because it's cold and wet outside and they ARE cats!

Unfortunately not :( Daddy can't sleep with Bernie snoring his little head off, while I myself find it quite comforting.

He sleeps in his crate in the kitchen and comes in to bed in the mornings for cuddles.

Lily always slept on the sofa downstairs until last year when my husband died, I started taking her up with me, she sleeps in her own bed, but climbs onto my bed around 6 o'clock every morning for a cuddle, she is looking after her mummy :huggles:

mine were never alowed on the beds or furniture mainly because my old sheppy molted so much.unfortunately he passed away last october at the ripe old age of 12 always the puppy(never grew up)bit like me really lol.Our golden retriever is 9 now and finds it a tad hard to jump up.Getting another german shep pup shortly so the fun and games will start again.

my2 whippets do and the grehound aswell :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
dude loves to, but we've had to reach a compromise, as my bed is a bunk and a bit of a funny shape, he likes the foot end, but my bed is pointed (as its a boat) so things can get bit squished. He jumps on me at first light and squirms down the end, when i run out of leg room i get up. When its super cold or really stormy, i often get woken up to gentle high pitched squeaking, which obviously i can't resist, so in he gets. He does have the warmest spot on the boat, over the imersion heater, but if he feels cold i let him in.

My old boat was much colder, and my bed a lot more accessable, he used to wake me up and ask to be let in, then he worked out he could just sneak in. He can't sneak into this bed as he has to jump, and if its dark i have to turn the light on so he can aim himself (he's a bit blind). Its going be harder as he gets older for him to jump in, so i'm considering how i can build him a step. Which is ridiculous!! I never ever thought id let a dog on or in my bed, impossible to resist a shivering whippet!

No - I dont sleep well with animals in my bedroom as they wake me up all of the time... cats and dogs downstairs! :)

Back