The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Does Anyone Use Safety Blinkers At Night??

Janimal

Addicted
Registered
Reaction score
Ive just ordered some Blinkers for the dogs collars, to try letting them off in the dark. These can be seen for half a mile.

Has anyone tried them please??

and whats your experience of them.

Pet_Safety_Blinkers.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The blinkers I tried last year broke witht he forse of the girls running but in saying that they was nowhere as stirdy as what yours look.

I've bought the blinking collars this year, they have LED lights all the way round the collar that flash red and can be seen for quite along way and even in the woods...it looks quite spooky when all you can see is 3 lots of blinking lights and nothing else.

hellybobs said:
The blinkers I tried last year broke witht he forse of the girls running but in saying that they was nowhere as stirdy as what yours look.
I've bought the blinking collars this year, they have LED lights all the way round the collar that flash red and can be seen for quite along way and even in the woods...it looks quite spooky when all you can see is 3 lots of blinking lights and nothing else.

Thanks..

this seems quite a reputable site... so Ive ordered 3, can only see how they go... :thumbsup:

http://www.britishdog.net/gbu0-catshow/Dog+Safety.html

Janimal said:
hellybobs said:

Thanks..

this seems quite a reputable site... so Ive ordered 3, can only see how they go... :thumbsup:

http://www.britishdog.net/gbu0-catshow/Dog+Safety.html

Please let us know how you get on with them!

I was speaking to Jill (aka Buffyrannoch) last weekend at racing and she was telling me she has these for Buffy and Toby she seemed to be very impressed with them :thumbsup: . I only saw them light in the daylight but even then they seemed quite bright. She also said she had different colours so she knows where each of them are mooching about in the dark :) .

Might have to get ruby one for Christmas...

Mine wear reflective armbands round their necks but last year I managed to get ones that had flashing lights.

Someone told me they could see them a long way before they got to us we were walking along the road and she was in a car. She said she saw the lights flashing way before she saw it was a dog as William had got his coat on. Never free run them with them on as our park is locked at dusk

Janimal said:
Ive just ordered some Blinkers for the dogs collars, to try letting them off in the dark. These can be seen for half a mile.
Has anyone tried them please??

and whats your experience of them.

Grace has one and its great.She has not broken it yet and have had it for 2 winters.My husband said he could see it from the car and its very bright.Brilliant in the fields in the dark,not that grace is off lead in the dark as she is too clumsy :lol: The funny bit is our one flashes red,white and blue and if you walk past a car in an unlit street it reflects off of it and looks like a mini police car (w00t)

julie_s said:
I was speaking to Jill (aka Buffyrannoch) last weekend at racing and she was telling me she has these for Buffy and Toby she seemed to be very impressed with them :thumbsup: . I only saw them light in the daylight but even then they seemed quite bright. She also said she had different colours so she knows where each of them are mooching about in the dark :) .
Might have to get ruby one for Christmas...

I have got the same ones in the picture youve attached Janis, and they are great, I take my two up to the golf course in the dark after work, and I can see them everywhere, which is great for Buffy as she just runs and runs, Toby hardly leaves my side - mummys boy :wub: , unless he sees a rabbit, which is my only concern - do the lights give the rabbits a heads up, and an advantage on the dogs :- "

As Julie says in her post, i have two different coloured lights, so I know who is where :thumbsup:

Thanks for all your replies, very reassuring. :)

Jill, Ive got a feeling these are all the same colour, but Im not sure yet.

Cant wait to try them out now.

Back