The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Diet For Lurcher Pups

Hi, I wouldnt worry too much about vitamins etc as he will be getting none at all if the dry food goes in one end and straight out the other!!!!!!!

As long as the chicken is with bone raw and minced and NATURAL and most of all STAYS IN THE DOG he will be fine. Just my opinion as you could be chopping and changing dry foods which will do his digestive system no good at all. Jan

Bedlam said:
Cant see blue...only more of mine :D
finally heres them pics. had a few probs but found out how to use photo bucket!! :)

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Scary looking little bugger :D

i like those wall eyes

I havnt seen one like that before, unusual being all white and only merle coloured ears, i like him

Bedlam said:
Scary looking little bugger :D i like those wall eyes

I havnt seen one like that before, unusual being all white and only merle coloured ears, i like him

thanks!

i think he's a bit like marmite, you either hate him or love him! :D

some people say he looks evil :angry: and others think he's lovely! :D

Started with the retrieving yesterday, was using tit bits as a reward at first but he would only concentrate on getting in my pocket to eat them. So just started stroking him as a reward, like you said he's a natural couldnt believe it time after time he would bring the toy back giving it a good shake before he did!!!!! :D

Cant wait till he's older how old was your two 3/4 before you entered them???

Mine were both dogs and big at that 28" ,so around 14 mths before they saw there first rabbit on the lamp.

They were out walking and amongest stuff but i didnt go looking for a rabbit until they were around 12-14 mths.

Merles are very nice and a lot think so,Hancock sells his first before any other colour.

not many pick a white dog.

I have a paperback dog training book you can have if you would like it.

Bedlam said:
Mine were both dogs and big at that 28" ,so around 14 mths before they saw there first rabbit on the lamp.They were out walking and amongest stuff but i didnt go looking for a rabbit until they were around 12-14 mths.

Merles are very nice and a lot think so,Hancock sells his first before any other colour.

not many pick a white dog.

I have a paperback dog training book you can have if you would like it.

Thanks! I bought a few books before i got him by brian plummer and a few others they have quite a few training tips which ive found useful, i've got him house trained, walking on a lead, coming back to me and now retrieving would like to get him working to hand signals like yours! :))

What's the reason behind nobody wanting a white dog? Ive read that in a couple of books? is it because of showing purposes? I wasnt sure how to pick a pup alot of people said its just pot luck but when i looked in the pen he was the only dog that approached me the others was cowering in the corner, he even had the cheek to bite my fingers!!!! (w00t)

Do you know the best way to get permission ive put a post on here and alot of people have read it but no replies! :( Rabbits are pretty scarce up my way! :(

Best one to get permission is doing something for the famer or land owner

beating on the shoot, helping around the yard.

you need to make yourself nown.

Regarding hand signals, what I did was when i made the dog sit and you tell him to sit you use the hand to make a posative movement.lie down is easyest because most dogs will drop rather then just sit.take it steady and at close range to begain with and you will find he soon watches you as well as listens.just make sure your signals are clear from one movement meaning lie to another meaning stop or come.

As a hunting dog he realy doesnt need all this but i enjoyed teaching it so with collie or GSD I always do

Back