The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Dickheads!

bedlington said:
halloween said:
It only strenthens my theory, that the world is made up of two types of people A!%£&*^$S and whippet lovers!
Why just whippet lovers? What about the majority who keep other dogs, we all suffer from the nutters now and then..............

Prob because this is posted in the whippet section :thumbsup:

There are so many nasty horrible ppl around now .

I would have chased him i think and kicked him in the ribs see how he liked it :angry:

:angry: this is happening all too often. OH and i have found that the people you meet out walking can be amazingly hostile and rude.

I no longer feel safe walking our dogs alone. That is sad :(

I love Pax, and im sickened by this . :rant:

Oh yes, we have had this sort of thing too... Sidy goes deaf on the beach and we only let him off when we know we are at points to catch his attention and not many people are about.

One day he runs off towards me from Ian and instead of following the ball we were throwing back to Ian, he went right past me to a springer and it's owners who were down by the water.

A springer is a robust dog, but you'd of thought Sidney was a huge rabid dog the way they shouted at him to keep away....

His tail was wagging and he was wanting to play with the other BOY dog

They didn't have their dog on a lead either and it was obvious the dogs were happy saying hello.

We got a right mouthful off them :angry: but then again ... never one to hold back when I am truly ticked off I said my bit too :lol:

I am so sorry to hear how rude and abusive this person was to dear Pax... it must of shaken you too :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no!

Poor Pax, he is so gorgeous and lovely. People are so horrible :rant:

Glad to hear he is ok, bet you were so shaken.

When I have been out with Poppy we have met some lovely people. But sometimes some not so lvoely ones, luckily so far noone has said anything or done anything. I usually leave Poppy off lead on walks but if we come across a dog on the lead I keep her away, the dog is prob on the lead for a reason, whatever that may be, but one day she spotted a EBT and I thought it was off lead, Poppy shot off to play with it as I slowly realised it was on an extension lead. The dog was fine, wanted to say hello and run and play but the man would not let it. I called Poppy away and the man glared at me so hard!

You would think people with dogs were all like minded but that is unfortunately not so.

I hope you don't see the man again, I would be so furious.

:huggles: :huggles: for Pax

that's terrible, but you ought to expect that some people don't appriciate dogs running at them, especially if they are not doggy people.

I, personally, can tell apart if a dog is friendly or not, but if there was a large dog, charging at me and my dogs, fuming at the mouth and the owner wasn't able to control him and call back I'd kick with all my might to protect my dogs. If dogs are let off lead, than the owner must be able to call them back, mainly, for the protection of the dogs.

I've never really encountered an aggresive dog, apart from once when a german shepard charged after Popsy and he nearly ended up on a busy road, and the woman whose dog it was made no attempt to recall or even apologise to me. I've met quite a few dogs when out walking mine off lead who had ran away from their owners pursuing mine, being a nice girl, I usually stop and keep the dogs attention so they can be put on lead.

:( aww poor pax :huggles: i know my lot go and want a fuss and somtimes jump on people if they see em ,but i always shout out as loud as i can to say none of them will bit they just want a fuss ,that usualy does the trick and appart from apologising thers not alot else you can do ,but id never stand for anybody hitting or kicking my babies ,but then im very vocal person and if i had been in that situation i would have prob ran after the bloody dick head and asked not so politly what his fuffing problem was :- " but again i have no sence and prob would get a smack at some point ,but the bugger would get oen bk to :lol: so i guess im lucky i can walk were we dont meet manny people if any at all on our walks (w00t)

Noise said:
that's terrible, but you ought to expect that some people don't appriciate dogs running at them, especially if they are not doggy people.
I, personally, can tell apart if a dog is friendly or not, but if there was a large dog, charging at me and my dogs, fuming at the mouth and the owner wasn't able to control him and call back I'd kick with all my might to protect my dogs. If dogs are let off lead, than the owner must be able to call them back, mainly, for the protection of the dogs.

I've never really encountered an aggresive dog, apart from once when a german shepard charged after Popsy and he nearly ended up on a busy road, and the woman whose dog it was made no attempt to recall or even apologise to me. I've met quite a few dogs when out walking mine off lead who had ran away from their owners pursuing mine, being a nice girl, I usually stop and keep the dogs attention so they can be put on lead.

I appreciate what you're saying and I think if anything, it's my fault for not having good enough recall. I was calling him back but he just didn't want to, he wanted to say hello to this guy.

Even the stupidest of people could tell that Pax, bouncing along smiling and wagging his tail off is not aggressive. I am now putting them on the lead if they start looking intently at someone as soon as I see people in the distance. It's a shame you have to do this though with such nice friendly dogs.

nicky12 said:
:( aww poor pax  :huggles: i know my lot go and want a fuss and somtimes jump on people if they see em ,but i always shout out as loud as i can to say none of them will bit they just want a fuss ,that usualy does the trick and appart from apologising thers not alot else you can do ,but id never stand for anybody hitting or kicking my babies ,but then im very vocal person and if i had been in that situation i would have prob ran after the bloody dick head and asked not so politly what his fuffing problem was  :- " but again i have no sence and prob would get a smack at some point  ,but the bugger would get oen bk to :lol: so i guess im lucky i can walk were we dont meet manny people if any at all on our walks  (w00t)

Believe you me Nicky, I was very vocal as well but he was quite a way from me when he did it and just kept on going. I am 50 as well so my running skills aren't up to much :- "

My son has come with me the past few nights. This is my son who did professional wrestling for a hobby when he was at uni, is a foot taller than me and built like a tank! :angry: He also loves all our dogs to bits so that b*****d will be sorry if we bump into him again. :rant:

Linbin said:
Noise said:

I appreciate what you're saying and I think if anything, it's my fault for not having good enough recall. I was calling him back but he just didn't want to, he wanted to say hello to this guy.

Even the stupidest of people could tell that Pax, bouncing along smiling and wagging his tail off is not aggressive. I am now putting them on the lead if they start looking intently at someone as soon as I see people in the distance. It's a shame you have to do this though with such nice friendly dogs.

it wasn't directly at you, just in general.

it's just a question of safety, knowing that are some f***wits that will kick a dog who's just passing by.

I certainly don't mind whippy cuddles coming my way :D

Noise said:
Linbin said:
Noise said:

it wasn't directly at you, just in general.

it's just a question of safety, knowing that are some f***wits that will kick a dog who's just passing by.

I certainly don't mind whippy cuddles coming my way :D

Yes, it's okay, I know what you mean. Have you noticed how some people also seem to take exception at you making a fuss of their dogs too, it's like you are tresspassing on their property (in a manner of speaking) and they kind of give you a filthy look.

Poor Pax :( give him a special cuddle from his nana and tell him to bite that man next time he sees him :angry:

Bet he wouldn't have kicked him if your son had been with you lynne, what a coward :rant:

*Lesley* said:
Poor Pax :( give him a special cuddle from his nana and tell him to bite that man next time he sees him :angry:
Bet he wouldn't have kicked him if your son had been with you lynne, what a coward :rant:

Don't worry Lesley, he was fine afterwards. I rubbed his side and gave him a kiss. It was beyond belief, I thought Peter was going to have a stroke when I told him, he was so angry. I only hope the next one he kicks leaps up and tears his throat out!

I will give Pax a special cuddle from nana.

How people can hurt a dog is unthinkable, especially when its perfectly obvious that the dog means no harm!

I am fortunate enough not to have had that problem with Billy, however if such an incident did occur i could not be held reponsible for my actions!

Im glad to hear Pax is okay!

If you see that man again i'd give him what for

Unbelievable that this runner had the audacity to kick Pax when you were already calling him back (w00t)

I would definitely go back (without the whippets) and lay in wait for him and then trip him up :lol: :lol: :lol: Wonder if he would have dared to kick a bigger dog :- " ........... probably not. No doubt he is just a moronic bully :rant:

:huggles: :huggles: for Pax and Zulu xx

Back