The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Dickheads!

Linbin

Registered
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I was on the beach with the boys when they went up to a man walking on the sand dunes for a pet, didn't jump up or anything just nudged his hand and he went berserk, screamed "get hold of your bloody dogs, they are out of control."

It was so ludicrous that I was actually stood smiling, waiting for the joke. But he was deadly serious and I'm like "WHAT????? you have got to be kidding right, they are only puppies who want to say hello to you". Ect ect.

Yesterday, Pax was doing his usual jogging along with this guy and I was calling him back and all of a sudden this bloody psycho kicks him right in the ribs. I couldn't believe my eyes and started screaming at the man but he just kept on running. :rant: Pax was fine, thank goodness, after a cuddle from mum.

What is the MATTER with people these days, I have spoken to other dog walkers who say they have had this type of abuse too. Has anyone on K9 experienced awful people like this?

(Isn't it strange how some of us prefer dogs to humans) :- "

unfortunatly this happens quite a lot............i had a lady scream at me cos she thought gypsy was gonna eat her small fluffy dog :- " she was just about to kick her, when i shouted " touch my dog and you'll have me to deal with ( god im a hard nut :- " ) (w00t)

there are some people who just dont like dogs :eek:

and dont want dogs coming up to them................this i can understand.........but to kick or hurt them is just down right out of order :angry:

i hope Pax is ok :huggles:

god lynne thats awfully, glad pax is ok.

some people can be right :rant:

Haven't had any experience of people being so nasty, poor Pax :(

Some people are just weird about dogs I guess even little friendly ones like whippets. One time I was walking Phoebe in our park and she was sniffing around off the lead and went to walk up to a person, didn't even get within 6 foot of them and they were really genuinly terrified :blink: . If you ever met Phoeb you would see quite how rediculous that is as she is all of 17 inches high and the most gentle little thing :b .

I never let mine go up to anyone now unless they have dogs themselves or I know them :)

:eek: That is awful Lynn!! Poor Pax :huggles: big hugs for him :wub: Its got out of hand now, I think the irresponsible dog owners have spoilt it for alot of us but there are people who are scared and those who just dont like them but it is totally uneccessary for people to act the way they did with Pax. I havent met any yet... although im sure I will (w00t)

Emma xxx

That's awful poor Pax :angry: There is a jogger in the park I go to who has kicked a few dogs apparantly. Someone said he kicked a dog for getting in his way whilst he was running, the moron :rant:

Poor Pax, really I do think I prefer animals over people most of the time. Some people react in the most ridiculous ways, there was absolutely no need to kick him. Hope he is ok :huggles:

A few years ago I was walking with Penny and my parents along a narrow country path and this man and his family came walking towards us and instead of him moving to one side of the path he kept on walking straight down the middle. Penny was on her lead and I had a tight hold of her as we passed she lifted her head and looked at him next thing he quickly turned and looked at me really aggressively with his hand in a fist shape and said you better watch that dog. I was so taken aback I just looked at him and he kept starring. My mum and dad had been a little bit in front and didn't see what had happened and my dad said sorry to the man thinking Penny had maybe jumped up. I was so angry the way that man had reacted I wish I had said something.

I really don't understand people, whippets are hardly aggressive looking or behave in that way for people to worry, last year in the park there was a couple with a lhaso apso off its lead and Penny went over to play with it and it looked as though it wanted to play too but the couple picked it up and shooed her away.

Poor Paxs get him meeting lots on nice peoepl. we had a problem with a kid last summer who ended up stamping on rubys foot that badly he split her nail bed and since then she now barks and would prpbably bit kids shes csared of them outside. but in the houes shes fine and loves them all becoues of a little SH** shes fine at racing and in the houes but wont let kids near her outside so we now have to be carfull were we take her and what time.

last week I was out with Ninny in my lecky chair and had to fellas stop right in front of me on the foot path one had a bike and blocked my why the other stode there telling me my dog was no good and if he say the dog or me in a back street he would smash our teath in. poor little Ninny just stod there not moving. Its not as if she had done anything or even looked at him to deserve this she didnt even pass next toi him as she was on my left hand side on lead and they were both about to pass on my right. lucky a few peaopl were walking down the road and thses fellas buggers off.

I dont think its just dogs they go for I think in all walks of life there more aggressino peoepl hit out first and ask questions later. bullying shouting and being violant is normail to more peoepl than ever. so your more lickly to comeacross some Sh** shouting threatning or going for your dog than say 10 years ago. ist a sad fact

Lynne how bloomin aweful for you both... :( hope Pax is ok after his ordeal poor lad :huggles: :huggles: Think we should all come over in force from K9 to sort this bloke out, stupid git.. :rant: :rant:

My similar experience was walking with my two (before Archie) and a man was sitting on a blanket in our local park...when he saw my dogs Ive never seen anyone move so fast ....he jumped up shouting 'Do they bite..do they bite..I hate dogs...do they bite :wacko: :blink: ' I said Oh No they are more likely to eat your sandwiches :clown: ....but by then he was practically over the other side of the field... :angry: :rant: didnt give me chance.....stupid man... :unsure:

I know some people are probably genuinely frightened of dogs....but honestly...

There was no need in your case....to actually kick the dog... :angry: :rant:

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Pax deserved that..........what a tosser :angry:

I think al ot of people theses days seem to lash out

without any thought.

The world has always had its fair share of nutters. It only strenthens my theory, that the world is made up of two types of people A!%£&*^$S and whippet lovers!

He wants to be damned glad that he didn't bump into one or two whippet gents(no names). :rant: I blame inbreeding.

:luck: :luck: to your poor dog. :wub:

Sarah86 said:
Poor Pax, really I do think I prefer animals over people most of the time.  Some people react in the most ridiculous ways, there was absolutely no need to kick him.  Hope he is ok  :huggles:  
A few years ago I was walking with Penny and my parents along a narrow country path and this man and his family came walking towards us and instead of him moving to one side of the path he kept on walking straight down the middle.  Penny was on her lead and I had a tight hold of her as we passed she lifted her head and looked at him next thing he quickly turned and looked at me really aggressively with his hand in a fist shape and said you better watch that dog.  I was so taken aback I just looked at him and he kept starring.  My mum and dad had been a little bit in front and didn't see what had happened and my dad said sorry to the man thinking Penny had maybe jumped up.  I was so angry the way that man had reacted I wish I had said something.

I really don't understand people, whippets are hardly aggressive looking or behave in that way for people to worry, last year in the park there was a couple with a lhaso apso off its lead and Penny went over to play with it and it looked as though it wanted to play too but the couple picked it up and shooed her away.

That must have been horrible for you, what a pig.

Fancy that woman picking up her lhaso apso, idiot. :angry: The other day a woman picked her jack russell up when the boys went over - I ask you a jack russell. My dad used to have one and he would take on the biggest dogs you ever saw and win never mind whippets, it looked as if it was dying to get down and have a play too. (w00t)

Think many dog walkers have experienced the wisdom of the local nutter.

We take our 2 whippets on to the local golf course, it's a municipal course and we wait till late in the evening so it's v quiet. Recently on one of our evening jaunts there was an unexpected heart stopping scream from behind some bushes . I quickly went to see what was happening. I half expected to see an alien form sucking the life blood out of some golfer... but no... all I got was " Your dogs taken my Ball".

Sure enough Buzz was sprinting around the flag and running through a bunker (or sandpit as we like to call them) with gay abandon.

"Tell your dog to drop my ball" blurted the golfer.

I did.

He did.

Predictably Woody my other whippet seized the opportunity and fled into the distance with the golf ball and with Buzz was in hot pursuit.

I called to Woody and giving credit where it's due he did bring it back. The sacred ball was a bit chewed and covered in puppy spittle though.

Do you know the golfer who by this time had a face that looked like a well smacked bum didn't even say thank you.

Some people.

LOL

PhilX

fallenangel said:
Poor Paxs get him meeting lots on nice peoepl. we had a problem with a kid last summer who ended up stamping on rubys foot that badly he split her nail bed and since then she now barks and would prpbably bit kids shes csared of them outside. but in the houes shes fine and loves them all becoues of a little SH**  shes fine at racing and in the houes but wont let kids near her outside so we now have to be carfull were we take her and what time.  last week I was out with Ninny in my lecky chair and had to fellas stop right in front of me on the foot path one had a bike and blocked my why the other stode there telling me my dog was no good and if he say the dog or me in a back street he would smash our teath in. poor little Ninny just stod there not moving. Its not as if she had done anything or even looked at him to deserve this she didnt even pass next toi him as she was on my left hand side on lead and they were both about to pass on my right.  lucky a few peaopl were walking down the road and thses fellas buggers off.

I dont think its just dogs they go for I think in all walks of life  there more aggressino peoepl hit out first and ask questions later.  bullying shouting and being violant is normail to more peoepl than ever. so your more lickly to comeacross some Sh** shouting threatning or going for your dog than say 10 years ago. ist a sad fact

God, how terrible. I can't believe anyone would do that to you and Ninny, she is such a little sweetheart as well, I bet you were really shaken up. What a pair of t***s. You should have mown them down, that would've shown them. (w00t)

You are right, there are too many bullies in this world, I have noticed people are completely different towards dogs now than they used to be, it's all "get that thing away from me" and pulling their kids away from them. its all very sad, dogs are the most loveliest of creatures.

Thank you for all your support everyone. Pax was fine afterwards, I felt his side and he didn't flinch or anything.

The incident is still going through my head like an awful video, I am calling them to me everytime people are approaching now. Then I can supervise who they can say hello to.

OH was apoleptic when I told him what had happened, he has turned into a total whippaholic. :D

teresaw said:
We take our 2 whippets on to the local golf course, it's a municipal course and we wait till late in the evening so it's v quiet. Recently on one of our evening jaunts there was an unexpected heart stopping scream from behind some bushes . I quickly went to see what was happening. I half expected to see an alien form sucking the life blood out of some golfer... but no... all I got was " Your dogs taken my Ball".

Sure enough Buzz was sprinting around the flag and running through a bunker (or sandpit as we like to call them) with gay abandon.

I did.

He did.

Predictably Woody my other whippet seized the opportunity and fled into the distance with the golf ball and with Buzz was in hot pursuit.

I called to Woody and giving credit where it's due he did bring it back. The sacred ball was a bit chewed and covered in puppy spittle though.

Do you know the golfer who by this time had a face that looked like a well smacked bum didn't even say thank you.

Some people.

LOL

PhilX

That is so funny, what a tosser! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aw, poor Pax ... I can't understand how anyone could be so awful and to such a gorgeous boy too :wub: :huggles:

Jill

x

some people are just.... :rant: :rant: :rant:

glad pax didnt get hurt by the heartless idiot :- "

we was stopped today while walking the 7 few :lol: and a woman asked if she could say hello to them ,i said of course you can and she was so made up by the fuss she was getting off all of them :p i did have to warn her that noah doesnt just do a quick hellos he likes you have to wear him (w00t) :lol: :lol: she started laughing out loud when he was nearly wrapped round her neck (w00t)

how can people be so different :wacko:

teresaw said:

I did.

He did.

Some people.

LOL

PhilX

Married to a golfer that made me lol

Perhaps he didnt need another `handicap `of your dog nicking his precious ball :oops: :lol:

I recon golfing is a waste of a good walk ;)

halloween said:
It only strenthens my theory, that the world is made up of two types of people A!%£&*^$S and whippet lovers!
Why just whippet lovers? What about the majority who keep other dogs, we all suffer from the nutters now and then..............

teresaw said:
Do you know the golfer who by this time had a face that looked like a well smacked bum didn't even say thank you.PhilX
With all due respect, I don't think I would have either...........

PS I have every sympathy for Pax and hope the pup gets over it quickly............

Back