The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Deaf Whippet Puppy - Owner Wants To Rehome

I am a little confused by this thread, has the deafness actually been confirmed by a vet?

Great news for Milly, :huggles: foster carers do a great job, :thumbsup: shame the breeders showed no interest :rant:

Cartman said:
Was it a known breeder?

No Cartman. She was from a backyard breeder in Winchelsea, just out of Geelong. Filthy yard. Milly was covered in flea's, full of worms and so dirty she looked almost fawn. Had two litters at the one time. A litter of Jack Russell & a litter of whippets. After being confronted the breeder was prepared to refund on return of the puppy.

Darn backyarders. You would think they would know when to stop.

sarah53 said:
I am a little confused by this thread, has the deafness actually been confirmed by a vet?
Sorry Sarah but I can't see what is confusing here. Deafness has been confirmed :)

Tesa said:
A sort of happy ending.  I met Milly tonight, and she is the dearest little thing.  She is now in foster care.  Her foster mum is a local legend.  Has been breeding and training professionally for 30-40 years, she's a bit of a dog whisperer.  Best place for this little girl.  And I know Helen (foster mum) won't settle for anything less than the right home.
BTW for Lynn-Alexandria , Helen had started training Milly with the flashlight. She has only had her since yesterday, but sit & drop are under control.  The crate is now in use and recall is being worked on.

I think life is looking a whole lot better for Milly :thumbsup:

Glad to hear that she is doing well Tesa. If ya hear anything else on her progress PM me. Be nice to hear how shes getting on. :thumbsup:

Lynn-Alexandria said:
Tesa said:
A sort of happy ending.  I met Milly tonight, and she is the dearest little thing.  She is now in foster care.  Her foster mum is a local legend.  Has been breeding and training professionally for 30-40 years, she's a bit of a dog whisperer.  Best place for this little girl.  And I know Helen (foster mum) won't settle for anything less than the right home.
BTW for Lynn-Alexandria , Helen had started training Milly with the flashlight. She has only had her since yesterday, but sit & drop are under control.  The crate is now in use and recall is being worked on.

I think life is looking a whole lot better for Milly :thumbsup:

Glad to hear that she is doing well Tesa. If ya hear anything else on her progress PM me. Be nice to hear how shes getting on. :thumbsup:

Will do Lynn. Millie's old owner rang me today. Partly to let me know Milly was gone, but mostly to ask if the club could help her find a replacement :angry: :angry: :angry: As you can imagine the answer was ummm NO!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The cheek of some people. :angry: Oviously dosent believe shes done anything wrong. :angry:

Back