The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Dad Is Seriously Ill In Hospital

So sorry to hear this Dawn I hope all goes well for a bypass and he makes a speedy recovery :huggles: :luck: :luck: :luck:

sorry to hear about this Dawn - fingers crossed he can have the by-pass. My MIL had one 12 years ago and she is still fit and well now. Good luck :luck:

Thanks everyone for you kind words :huggles: :huggles:

Spoke to my Mum today and she broke down on the phone,i just don't know what to say or do at the moment.I dreads it when the phone rings :( I hope he will pull through,he got so many other things wrong with him as well :(

My other brother is coming home from Afghanistan to be here.

daledogs said:
Thanks everyone for you kind words :huggles:   :huggles: Spoke to my Mum today and she broke down on the phone,i just don't know what to say or do at the moment.I dreads it when the phone rings :( I hope he will pull through,he got so many other things wrong with him as well :(

My other brother is coming home from Afghanistan to be here.

It's harder for your Mum than your Dad really isn't it? Glad your Bro is coming to see them.

Sending all the positive thoughts and prayers that I can muster - try to stay positive :huggles: :huggles:

oh your poor mum, she must be so worried :(

as clair said, its good your brother is able to come home, its good to have some support at times like this...........i dont know what me,my dad and sisters would have done without each other these past weeks while mum has been so ill :huggles:

you will all be in my prayers :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

So sorry to be reading this Dawn... :(

Sending positive thoughts and wishes your way... :huggles: :luck: :luck: and good luck if he does get his operation... :luck:

Thinking of you and your family.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry to hear about your dad Dawn,sending lots of positive thoughts & :huggles: :huggles:

thinking of you at this very difficult time i hope all goes well :luck: :huggles:

thinking of you and your family :huggles: :luck:

daledogs said:
Some of you know my Dad was in hospital around Christmas time,well he is back in hospital again for the past three weeks.He is seriously ill with heart failure,they are going to do a triple heart bypass,but not until they done more test on his lungs etc to see if his body can cope with it.Its a very upsetting time,and taking it day by day with him.

Hope all goes well for your dad, Dawn

Pauline

beaker said:
sorry to hear about you dad,  :luck:   :luck:   :luck:
my fave aunti is about to have a triple heart bipass after collapsing the other week and we are all on edge about it, she's had so many people tell her though that they have had it and felt so much better afterwards, hope your dad is well again soon and back up on his feet :huggles:

becka

Becka

Try not to worry too much. Easier said than done I know. I had an emergency heart bypass 4 years ago and was back riding my horse 6 weeks later. The surgeons are so marvellous.

Pauline

im so sorry to hear this love, healing thoughts to you and your family at this sad time

:( Aw Dawn I know how hard this time is, all you can do is keep on doing what youre doing, and be there for your mum and dad :huggles: You know you are in our thoughts.

Tina n Ozzy :huggles:

Hello-Don't know you-but just to let you know the term-'heart failure' isn't as terrible as it sounds and many live a full and active life if it is managed well-

My husband had a quadruple heart bypass-10 years ago-his heart is enlarged and he's been diagnosed with heart failure-he has a defibrillator fitted also-

If he gets a chesty flu like infection he has to be careful because his lungs can get congested-flooded-(fill with water)-so he has to take water pills to clear them-this is very unpleasant but 'manageable'-

Just to say really don't be alarmed by the scary term-'heart failure'

Best of luck :luck:

Karen

x

oh my love...dawn only just seen this :( sending you my love...keep strong dawn... :huggles: :huggles:

Sorry to read about your dad :( Hope he can have his op soon :thumbsup:

I'm so sorry that your Dad is so poorly :( My thoughts are with you and I pray that he makes a full and speedy recovery xx

Karen-Coral said:
Hello-Don't know you-but just to let you know the term-'heart failure' isn't as terrible as it sounds and many live a full and active life if it is managed well-My husband had a quadruple heart bypass-10 years ago-his heart is enlarged and he's been diagnosed with heart failure-he has a defibrillator fitted also-

If he gets a chesty flu like infection he has to be careful because his lungs can get congested-flooded-(fill with water)-so he has to take water pills to clear them-this is very unpleasant but 'manageable'-

Just to say really don't be alarmed by the scary term-'heart failure'

Best of luck :luck:

Karen

x

I know bypass can save your life,which we are hoping with my Dad,at the moment they are doing test to see if he can go ahead with this operation as hopefully it will save his life and go on alot longer,also he in the early stages of Parkinsons and he is Diabetes.He can't even get out and walk about from his hospital bed ,because he collapses all the time.

Hope all turns out well for you :huggles:

:luck: to your dad :luck:

:huggles: to you and yours :huggles:

Dawn, sweetheart, I've just seen this as I was away all day yesterday :(

Sending you all lots of hugs :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: and keeping you in my thoughts :luck: :luck:

My neighbour had a by-pass op 9 years ago following a sudden heart attack. He was home in 3 days, and 10 days later he was mixing concrete to surface their stable yard (w00t)

Even with your Dad's complications, you'll be amazed at what can be achieved :thumbsup:

Back