The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Crufts

JAX said:
=Mark Roberts,Mar 20 2008, 06:57 AM].

So no Mark , im afraid its no use even suggesting what youve put to the KC , not that they listen to their exhibitors anyhow  :( , weve just best to put up with it . No harm in having a moan though eh  :D its what we ladies do best  ;)

Sorry I dont agree,

you've got the numbers, youve also got the product the KC needs to have their shows so all you need now is to stand together and push the KC for better facilities/conditions at the shows.

at the end of the day if they think they might loose their products they may just sit up and listen.

do you think Crufts has a raffle :wacko: :lol: Youd need alot of raffle books :lol:

as for new blood , most folk going to Crufts dont go near a ring .

If they are really interested in showing or racing , they wouldnt just be going to one show or race meeting would they

Mark Roberts said:
JAX said:
=Mark Roberts,Mar 20 2008, 06:57 AM].

So no Mark , im afraid its no use even suggesting what youve put to the KC , not that they listen to their exhibitors anyhow  :( , weve just best to put up with it . No harm in having a moan though eh  :D its what we ladies do best  ;)

Sorry I dont agree,

you've got the numbers, youve also got the product the KC needs to have their shows so all you need now is to stand together and push the KC for better facilities/conditions at the shows.

at the end of the day if they think they might loose their products they may just sit up and listen.

Trust me Mark , the KC are a law unto themselves . We dont even a have a say in who the judges are . or how they are chosen.

Some exhibitors spend lots of money trying to qualify for the show , so you tell me they will boycot it so its not so crowded ?? 8) We are just a minority her on K9 :*

JAX said:
Some exhibitors spend lots of money trying to qualify for the show , so you tell me they will boycot it so its not so crowded ??  8)   We are just a minority her on K9    :*

Thats the problem (the same with petrol prices) they know we will all moan but we dont then act on it.

you & I both know if everyone in the dog world boycotted 1 champ show and sent a message to the KC explaining why and that unless things changed they would boycot Crufts they would listen especialy if everyone held their entrys back till the last minute ;) that would give them a scare :thumbsup:

but it relies on everyone sticking together and as you know that wont happen.

Spot on Mark :cheers: :*

I remember one year everyone said they wouldnt go under a certain judge for one reason or another, :eek: the judge then got a huge entyr , cos every one thought they would be the only ones to enter :oops: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe have the exhibitors days for showing and the MOP days with the trade stands and discover dogs. I suppose then it would be more like another discover dogs though wouldn't it?

A friend went on the Saturday with her Shelties and she said that they had to make announcements over the tannoy to stop people moving from hall to hall as there was too many people there.

Someone and ringcraft said that someone had forgotten to unlock the fire doors in one of the halls on their day :oops: . They found out when they wanted to take their dog to the outside exercise area. It was reported and they were unlocked but that could have been very serious.

With rabbit shows the cages are set up in a rectangle with exhibitors and judges only allowed in the middle. The MOPS have to stay on the outside of the caged area. I know this would be impossible with dog shows but it is another event where they do not tolerate their animals being mauled my MOPS.

I think as I think JAX said that the trade stands should be in seperate halls to the rings. Why not put DD in the Arena, have two halls for trade stands and three for show rings.

My husband suggested a one way system round the halls or a roped off walkway through each hall that is for exhibitors only.

Back