The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Crufts

I was wondering about them using another Hall but I have no idea of the cost involved. Maybe Crufts is too successful, it now caters for so many aspects of the dog scene that it has perhaps outgrown the space used.

Jenny

people who use disabled toilets who are not disabled are damn selfish and thoughtless if you ask me
It all depends really on the circumstances - if someone is absolutely desperate for the loo (we're not talking here about putting on show clothes), and there is no one waiting for the disabled loo, wouldn't it be a good idea to use the disabled loo?

Altho having said that, I'm the same as everyone else, I will still stand in a queue for the ladies cos don't want to use the disabled toilet! But if it would otherwise be standing empty ... ? Just a thought to ponder on :)

The simple answer would be mobile toilets outside the doors that exhibitors use to take their dogs out. They could only be used by the exhibitors then.

Absolutely special walk ways for dogs.

And priority given to exhibitors for parking and not ending up at the furthest end of the NEC in a field of mud :rant: :rant: :rant: and we were there for 0830am

I got there at 6.45 , my mum has a disabled badge and we usually are able to park out of the back of the halls, but were told it was full.

We were then shoved to the disabledcar park with a shuttle bus, to dropoff outside.

one problem it meant her having to walk through Hall 5 and other side of 4 to get to the benches, after speaking to driver, he said would drop off at rear of the hall,

which he duly did, GREAT

However, she still had to get OUT :- " she says sheonly mangaged it cause she was on adrilliin when the boys won !!

its really not fair, when you see able bodied exhibitors running round the ring wiv disabled badges :rant:

i have wrote to NEC, CRUFTS and disabilty place(forgotton what its called)

just hope they will do something for next year !!!

Jan Doherty said:
The simple answer would be mobile toilets outside the doors that exhibitors use to take their dogs out. They could only be used by the exhibitors then.
Absolutely special walk ways for dogs.

And priority given to exhibitors for parking and not ending up at the furthest end of the NEC in a field of mud :rant:   :rant:   :rant: and we were there for 0830am

Believe it or not, there were mobile loo's just outside the door by the whippet rings.

I went outside for a ciggy & spied them,needless to say they were hardly used as there were no signs inside the hall telling folks!!!

& I totally agree with your other comments Jan :thumbsup:

Use the gents, disabled loos are unisex as far as I know and there is no queue!!

people who use disabled toilets who are not disabled are damn selfish and thoughtless if you ask me :angry:

:rant: Hear Hear :rant: Maybe those able bodied people will be disabled one day and find all the disabled loos are taken by able bodied people :rant: How selfish can able bodied people be? :rant:

its really not fair, when you see able bodied exhibitors running round the ring wiv disabled badges :rant

There are more forms of disability that are NOT obvious to the naked eye! Blue badges are NOT given out lightly :rant:

Roedeane said:
its really not fair, when you see able bodied exhibitors running round the ring wiv disabled badges :rant
There are more forms of disability  that are NOT obvious to the naked eye! Blue badges are NOT given out lightly :rant:

BELEIVE YOU ME I AM QUITE AWARE OF THIS !!!

dolly said:
Roedeane said:
There are more forms of disability  that are NOT obvious to the naked eye! Blue badges are NOT given out lightly :rant:

BELEIVE YOU ME I AM QUITE AWARE OF THIS !!!

theres a pritty simpel answer to this just make sure the badge belongs to the person using it as there a pic of the badge owner on the back of it. We whent to a show a coupel of years back and they shecked the photto and tured away any that werent the badge holder over 50% had to ture back its amazing how many peoepl use there relatives badges or even make there own thats why the should all be checked only takes a scond or 2

wilfred said:
people who use disabled toilets who are not disabled are damn selfish and thoughtless if you ask me
It all depends really on the circumstances - if someone is absolutely desperate for the loo (we're not talking here about putting on show clothes), and there is no one waiting for the disabled loo, wouldn't it be a good idea to use the disabled loo?

Altho having said that, I'm the same as everyone else, I will still stand in a queue for the ladies cos don't want to use the disabled toilet! But if it would otherwise be standing empty ... ? Just a thought to ponder on :)

my personal answer to that question is NO! :thumbsup:

as a mother of a child unable to walk it is sooooo frustrating when able bodied people use loos and parking spaces! i fly when i cant get my son in coz of a person who has no consideration for others! if i had a pound for everytime ive had "i`ll only be min" id be a rich girl now! trouble is he cant wait a min and its wet trousers and further feelings of being different! sorry rant over! just do a little thing for me when you next go shopping, have a good look at how many able bodied use the disabled spaces

last year when we were on holiday my son...who is nearly 12.....needed the toilet...

as he is unable to tell us he needs to go until he is bursting we carried him at top speed to the disabled loos in mothercare where we found a mother changing her baby in the disabled toilet :rant: (the fact that they provide thousands of mother and baby changing rooms meant nothing to her obviously because she felt unable to wait for a minute for one to be available)so my son wet himself and our whole day was ruined and we had to go back to the caravan...it takes a lot of hard work for my son to go out ...luckily he has no understanding of embarrasment (cos he is autistic) which is my only blessing... im sure she had no idea what her actions caused but please think the next time you think its ok to use the disabled facilities ... :(

WIGGLEY said:
Beerhound said:
Joanna said:
BAN PUSHCHAIRS :- "
And also those who just stop in the middle of crowded aisles to chat to each other. Maybe also have a one way system (w00t) .

dont tar all pushchairs with the same brush, what next ban wheelchairs :oops:

IMHO It really isn't an enjoyable experience for a toddler or a baby at Crufts.

I also would use a disabled loo for a quick pee if no-one was waiting who required it (wheelchair bound, on walking aids, with carer etc), I wouldn't park in a disabled parking space.

The Kennel Club make a bloody fortune from Crufts, it is outrageous that they oversell the tickets, particularly on week-ends which makes for an awful experience for dogs and visitors.

I do sympathise with both above ladies and their children.

I can well imagine how cross and distressed you and your children were in the above scenarios but this could also have happened had you reached the disabled loo, to find a disabled person using it.

Maybe there should be more disabled loos as well as normal ones? Maybe instead of all getting cross with each other, we should get more cross with the management of venues etc regarding poor provision of toilets?

Gill

wilfred said:
I do sympathise with both above ladies and their children.
I can well imagine how cross and distressed you and your children were in the above scenarios but this could also have happened had you reached the disabled loo, to find a disabled person using it.

Maybe there should be more disabled loos as well as normal ones?  Maybe instead of all getting cross with each other, we should get more cross with the management of venues etc regarding poor provision of toilets?

Gill

thankyou :thumbsup:

yes you are right the same end result would have happened but at least it was because of of someone who also had the right to use it instead of someone who didnt..

and believe me if i had any more minutes in the day .,..i would complain about the crap facilities for disabled people....maybe one day it will get better but for now people please dont use the only ones we have :thumbsup:

thank you , it is a struggle everyday for kids like ours, and we do get stressed with lack of facilities for them, it would be nice if people just thought twice

I once heard of the following note being placed on an abled bodied persons car who wrongly parked in a disabled spec:

'Is this the only time you would take my place ?'

and that's what goes thro' my mind when I drive past a disabled parking space

Roedeane said:
Use the gents, disabled loos are unisex as far as I know and there is no queue!!

people who use disabled toilets who are not disabled are damn selfish and thoughtless if you ask me :angry:

:rant: Hear Hear :rant: Maybe those able bodied people will be disabled one day and find all the disabled loos are taken by able bodied people :rant: How selfish can able bodied people be? :rant:

I did say that it was a joke and that I would never use the disabled loos.

Back