The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Critique Question

Of course some Judges ,Steve Hall for one , openly admits to you when you have just won BOB that he `dosnt do critiques for Opens shows ` :eek: :rant:

i personally wouldnt want an oral critique especially when im concentrating on my dog it would put me in a fluster :lol: i would much rather read one later even if it was a while after the show :b

It does also depend on wether the judge is given details (ie adress or email) for BOTH papers. I only received (as a Secretary) from Our Dogs for the 2 judges for WCoW therefore could only give them details (ie free envelope) for the 1 paper.

Same at SWWC I received(as a judge) only from Our Dogs. Luckily I subscribe to Dog World so will be able to submit to them also.
I have noticed at our SWWC show I don't always get judges envelopes every time, it seems to vary! But if you are on the internet it is easy to email them through.

Having said that I had to get cross with Our Dogs after I judged the Midland Whippet club. I submitted the critique 3 days after the show. Dog World got it in very quickly, but for some reason Our Dogs were very late. It is unusual as I have never has a problem with Our Dogs.

I am still waiting for a critique fro a show in November when my dog won BOB and 3rd in the Group, it is very disappointing when judges don't send a critique.

Of course some Judges ,Steve Hall for one , openly admits to you when you have just won BOB that he `dosnt do critiques for Opens shows ` :eek: :rant:
In which case he is breaking his judging contract and should be reported to the Kennel Club. And, of course, don't give him the pleasure of judging your dogs!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wrote and emailed my critique for Rugby on the evening of the show (Jan 31st) and although others were published in Our Dogs last week mine wasn't. I emailed them asking why on Friday morning and have not had a reply.

There was a Dog World photographer at the show so that will take a bit longer anyway.

In which case he is breaking his judging contract and should be reported to the Kennel Club. And, of course, don't give him the pleasure of judging your dogs!!!

Im not sure, but I think it is only Championship shows were its in the contract about crits

Im not sure, but I think it is only Championship shows were its in the contract about crits
Rugby Open show included it in their contract.

It's in both our Champ & Open show contract for WCoW :thumbsup:

At gloucester we have it in our contract :)

I know many people are still waiting for critiques from CRUFTs (dogs) last year. It is a real shame that the critique has not been published. I wonder if the judge has even submitted a critique at all ?

Back