The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Coursing Pup Wanted

(w00t) well personaly i like 1/2 greyhound 1/2 whippet for quick runs and kills :- "

boom said:
unwanted said:
(w00t) well personaly i like 1/2 greyhound 1/2 whippet for quick runs and kills  :- "
never seen 1 but i bet thay can move

well if any one is looking for a 1/2 greyhound 1/2 whippet pup(sire non ped whippet :NCH Aurora Borealis X Dam:Greyhound) i know where there is a litter for sale and another litter due this week.bothe litters same sire any interest telephone 07800525991 NO TYRE KICKERS PLEASE THANK U

*Lesley* said:
juckler said:
Cerito said:
*Lesley* said:
I was under the impression hare coursing was banned, which personally I think is a better term than 'hare killers'

Hi Lesley

Hare Coursing was never about killing hares, so if they want to call themselves hare killers let them!

Sorry to be picky! lol

Cerito

PS you are correct-whatever you call it it is banned.

I dont want the dog for coursing i want it for catching i dont think you realise without people like myself the TRUE lurcher would not exist a working dog is made by breeding from animals that can do the job.30 years ago there were no show lurchers and they werent kept as pets ive killed my dinners for the last 40 years the lurcher should be a pot filler first and a looker secondHANDSOME IS AS HANDSOME DOES!its peoplelike you what have ruined the breed 30 years ago i wouldnt have had to have asked if the parents KILLED hares|

Firstly I think you get above yourself coming on here insulting our me and the intelligence of lurcher folk, the fact that live coursing or KILLING as you put it is banned has nothing to do with me as I am not against it.

You seem obsessed with gettting a pup from killing parents what would you do if god forbid the pup did not have the same instinct?????

Just for the record this is not 30 years ago so come into 2006 and you might get more responce to your need for a killing dog :thumbsup:

The main reason for wanting a pup from guaranteed parentage is to make sure that the pup will do its job properly i kept lurchers for 30 yrs and have always had dogs from pups ive never had one that wouldnt do the busness and the only place the went after me was the vet. either through old age or severe injury.im not obsessed as you put it.just practical im well aware its 2006 man has always hunted with dogs and i cant see him stopping .Another 10 years may see another change when man will need to rely on his dogs to eat.

Fine, I am not argueing with you about it, I was not the one who started making accusation I merely said was I assumed hare coursing was banned and you decided it was banned because of people like me, which is rubbish I have never been anti, if I was so against it I wouldn't have whippets, I am glad that you are prepared to keep a dog if it will not work for you, but even you would admit there are plenty who don't.

Good luck to you I hope you find what you are looking for :thumbsup:

*Lesley* said:
Fine, I am not argueing  with you about it, I was not the one who started making accusation I merely said was I assumed hare coursing was banned and you decided it was banned because of people like me, which is rubbish I have never been anti, if I was so against it I wouldn't have whippets, I am glad that you are prepared to keep a dog if it will not work for you, but even you would admit there are plenty who don't.

I never said any of the dogs I owned wouldn't work. I don't bieleve there is such a thing as a greyhound, whippet or lurcher that wont work. I have entered pups at 6 weeks old to mice and they take them no trouble, they sqeak on the way down!

I don't think you really know what your talking about, I have my 12 year old son here making more sense of what I mean than you have throughout this whole thread! :p

juckler said:
*Lesley* said:
juckler said:
Cerito said:
*Lesley* said:
I was under the impression hare coursing was banned, which personally I think is a better term than 'hare killers'

Hi Lesley

Hare Coursing was never about killing hares, so if they want to call themselves hare killers let them!

Sorry to be picky! lol

Cerito

PS you are correct-whatever you call it it is banned.

I dont want the dog for coursing i want it for catching i dont think you realise without people like myself the TRUE lurcher would not exist a working dog is made by breeding from animals that can do the job.30 years ago there were no show lurchers and they werent kept as pets ive killed my dinners for the last 40 years the lurcher should be a pot filler first and a looker secondHANDSOME IS AS HANDSOME DOES!its peoplelike you what have ruined the breed 30 years ago i wouldnt have had to have asked if the parents KILLED hares|

Firstly I think you get above yourself coming on here insulting our me and the intelligence of lurcher folk, the fact that live coursing or KILLING as you put it is banned has nothing to do with me as I am not against it.

You seem obsessed with gettting a pup from killing parents what would you do if god forbid the pup did not have the same instinct?????

Just for the record this is not 30 years ago so come into 2006 and you might get more responce to your need for a killing dog :thumbsup:

The main reason for wanting a pup from guaranteed parentage is to make sure that the pup will do its job properly i kept lurchers for 30 yrs and have always had dogs from pups ive never had one that wouldnt do the busness and the only place the went after me was the vet. either through old age or severe injury.im not obsessed as you put it.just practical im well aware its 2006 man has always hunted with dogs and i cant see him stopping .Another 10 years may see another change when man will need to rely on his dogs to eat.

what do you mean.....? will you have to send your dogs down to your local butchers with a shopping list or maybe the indian take away? (w00t)

a few good points here particularly from lesley ! i know of animal activists who read these threads and will just love your "hare killer " lines :oops: !

im sorry juckler but i find you rude! lesley has merely pointed out a few things to you and in the current"anti" world we live in we do have to be careful what we say! the old ways of the law of the land have been taken away from real working folk by those who dont understand the way we like to live and work with our dogs, and if you have so much experience of these dogs why ask on here as you obviously know far far more than anyone on here, so surely you would know where these good working dogs are? :- " good luck :luck:

juckler said:
*Lesley* said:
Fine, I am not argueing  with you about it, I was not the one who started making accusation I merely said was I assumed hare coursing was banned and you decided it was banned because of people like me, which is rubbish I have never been anti, if I was so against it I wouldn't have whippets, I am glad that you are prepared to keep a dog if it will not work for you, but even you would admit there are plenty who don't.

I never said any of the dogs I owned wouldn't work. I don't bieleve there is such a thing as a greyhound, whippet or lurcher that wont work. I have entered pups at 6 weeks old to mice and they take them no trouble, they sqeak on the way down!

I don't think you really know what your talking about, I have my 12 year old son here making more sense of what I mean than you have throughout this whole thread! :p

Glad to hear you are getting your son to follow your killer instinct,you must be so proud and what a good thing for him to be able to talk to his school mates about watching his dad feed mice to the dogs :thumbsup: I hope for his sake he doesn't adopt your rude and arrogant attitude aswell -_-

*Lesley* said:
juckler said:
*Lesley* said:

Glad to hear you are getting your son to follow your killer instinct,you must be so proud and what a good thing for him to be able to talk to his school mates about watching his dad feed mice to the dogs :thumbsup: I hope for his sake he doesn't adopt your rude and arrogant attitude aswell -_-

Your attitude stinks mate. Lesley has just given you some advice and you say stuff like that to her? You are arrogant and rude, theres no need for you to be that way. All she's saying is be careful what you post and where you post it becuase you could get into trouble.

Lynn-Alexandria said:
*Lesley* said:
juckler said:
*Lesley* said:

Your attitude stinks mate. Lesley has just given you some advice and you say stuff like that to her? You are arrogant and rude, theres no need for you to be that way. All she's saying is be careful what you post and where you post it becuase you could get into trouble.

i did too :lol: :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
~whitecross whippets~ said:
Lynn-Alexandria said:
*Lesley* said:
juckler said:
*Lesley* said:

GOT my pup thankyou your lots too serious on here dont you know when your being wound up [mice indeed lol] my permission starts when i leave my house i go where i want its my right as a human being and if i want to eat of the beasts of the field [genesis] who are you to contradict and as for the antis ive got a few traps for them if they care to follow me. bye for ever

p.s at least im not after bambis

juckler said:
Lynn-Alexandria said:
*Lesley* said:
juckler said:
*Lesley* said:

GOT my pup thankyou your lots too serious on here dont you know when your being wound up [mice indeed lol] my permission starts when i leave my house i go where i want its my right as a human being and if i want to eat of the beasts of the field [genesis] who are you to contradict and as for the antis ive got a few traps for them if they care to follow me. bye for ever

yeah well watch you dont fall down a rabbit hole and break your neck! :thumbsup:

juckler said:
Lynn-Alexandria said:
*Lesley* said:
juckler said:
*Lesley* said:

yeah well watch you dont fall down a rabbit hole and break your neck! :thumbsup:

AS IF!

Thought you were gone for ever! Hurry up.

It was people like YOU got coursing banned in the first place. Get your facts right.

Cerito said:
It was people like YOU got coursing banned in the first place.  Get your facts right.

For your information when i started poaching lurchers werent ever competition coursed only hunted and it was only when people saw the dog as a status symbol[barbour coats ,green wellies] and other people saw a way of making money[as usual] that the showing started i should know i judged many of the first shows it was the worst thing to happen to lurchers people winning through friends instead of merit and half these so called champions never leaving the yard they were born on for other than a pose down the streets.

running dogs were banned because of their popularity and improper use by people that dont know any better it made me pack in 8 years ago but one positive thing came out of the ban itll sort out the real doggin lads.so im back now and your comments just dont add up you do your thing with your ruined show whippets and ill do mine with my not ruined killing machine and lets put an end to this

HAPPY HUNTING! :huggles:

do not make personal comments with no facts please! you dont know us and we dont know you so how can you make such wild assumptions! if its dogging your after then sorry wrong site :- " ! as you seem to know so much then why not just go and leave us out of your silly game! bye!

juckler said:
Cerito said:
It was people like YOU got coursing banned in the first place.  Get your facts right.

For your information when i started poaching lurchers werent ever competition coursed only hunted and it was only when people saw the dog as a status symbol[barbour coats ,green wellies] and other people saw a way of making money[as usual] that the showing started i should know i judged many of the first shows it was the worst thing to happen to lurchers people winning through friends instead of merit and half these so called champions never leaving the yard they were born on for other than a pose down the streets.

running dogs were banned because of their popularity and improper use by people that dont know any better it made me pack in 8 years ago but one positive thing came out of the ban itll sort out the real doggin lads.so im back now and your comments just dont add up you do your thing with your ruined show whippets and ill do mine with my not ruined killing machine and lets put an end to this

HAPPY HUNTING! :huggles:

...my dogs are not status symbols :wacko: ..although i do own a barbour and green wellies :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back