The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Colours Of Brindle

Toby is a red brindle,,see enough to know :thumbsup:

Just like his uncle bj who was a red brindle and his other uncle in the same litter as BJ , he was a blue brindle.

Oh ace! this has turned into a thread to show off pictures of scrummy stripy pointies :wub:

buffyrannoch said:
I still get a bit confused with how people describe different colurs of brindle, and wondered if people could post pictures and how they describe the type of brindle the dog is, when Toby was born I thought he was a blue brindle as his stripes were blue, but was told later he is a red brindle as his main colour is red  :b Thanks in advance  :thumbsup:

Toby....

tobyjump-1.jpg

Hi there

If you put in the search bar runswiftwhippets it should come up with an amazing website belonging to Karen Turner in USA, there is a photo of every colour you could think of in whippets and some!! Karen is also into genetics so if you understand that stuff her website is great. If you have any queries Karen is great to email. Enjoy :- )

As far as i know my Sada's a blue brindle

146.jpg

Look at her lovely blue mask

157-Copy.jpg

Tegan and Owen are described as fawn brindles, Nathan is definitely blue brindle Angel is black brindle with a white face she is darker than she looks in the photo in my signiture Rosie is just down as a wite and bridle parti colour as her patches were black when she was born but have gone paler as shes got older.

Bandit is described on his pedigree as an orange brindle when he was younger he as very orange but he has gone paler as he has got older

William I know he is a greyhound but he has very definate black brindle patches a lot of people when they meet him having only seen photos are surprised to see his is brindle not black as his patches tend to look black on photos .His patches are mainly black with very dark brown stripes

Last edited by a moderator:
FifeJillandIan said:
Strike Whippets said:
Yes he has blue stripes and blue masking .....  :)
Oh good - or his name wouldn't really make sense!!! We always thought he was a blue brindle. :cheers: Jill

My BLUEbell is Black :oops: :lol: :oops: ...Just wanted a flower name to go with Daisy and Bluebells are my favourite flowers :- " :thumbsup: :- "

Hilary & Hounds said:
I think Niamh is a blue brindle (her stripes are definitely blue):
niamhjul2007.jpg

I think Daisy is a red brindle as she is a chestnut colour with black stripes:

garden01.jpg

This one shows their colours side by side as Daisy (pictured when tiny) is leaning against Niamh:

daisy0809200704.jpg

Daisy is as you say red brindle.

jinnyfizz said:
This is interesting  :) .... here's a picture of Ella from about 6 weeks ago.  She's grown a bit now and so the stripes are very slightly further apart than they were, but her black mask is very much still there.
So is she a black brindle (as on her KC cert) or a lemon brindle (mentioned earlier in this thread)? :- "

IMG_3065.jpg

Ella is it says on her certificate black brindle.

There is a patch on her first photo which is pale, if she was like that all over it may well have been she would be lemon brindle(with fewer stripes).

Eric is a Fawn Blue Brindle :wacko: :thumbsup:

Susan said:
Toby is a red brindle,,see enough to know  :thumbsup:
Just like his uncle bj who was a red brindle and his other uncle in the same litter as BJ , he was a blue brindle.

For Toby to be Red Brindle the base colour would be Dark Fawn (almost as dark as a conker) and with Black stripes.

He is Blue brindle.

:blink: so is tia a fawn brindle ?

DSCF9173.jpg

and ollie a red brindle ?

DSCF1436.jpg

nicky12 said:
:blink: so is tia a fawn brindle ?
DSCF9173.jpg

and ollie a red brindle ?

DSCF1436.jpg

Ollie Red Brindle and white or some might say Red Brindle Parti.

Tia I would still say Blue Brindle even though she has fewer brindle stripes.

thanks for the replie t hoare,tias brindle bits are black although her mask is more blue ,really interesting tread this :thumbsup:

Janimal said:
On my Oscars pedigree he is stated also as a blue brindle parti...but its amazing how different all three of my dogs are...especially Archie...who is darkest of all three... :thumbsup:

HayfieldsAugust024crop.jpg

Dog on left is Blue Brindle Parti

Young dog in Middle is from the bit I can see Red brindle parti

Dog on left looks like could be Lemon brindle parti or Pale brindle parti(don't like to use pale or dark)

nicky12 said:
thanks for the replie t hoare,tias brindle bits are black although her mask is more blue ,really interesting tread this  :thumbsup:
It may be the photo but in my opion Tia has blue stripes.

nicky12 said:
Here ya go bit of a better pic  :D
DSCF1175.jpg

What a gorgeous pic, that face, couldn't you just kiss her. :wub:

Yes defo Blue stripes.

Have you/do show her?

Thanks for the reply T.Hoare... :thumbsup: I did always wonder what colour to call Kobi on the far right of the picture...he has the lightest pale fawn...and black stripes.

I agree my pup in the middle Archie, is a much redder colour.

Back