The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Collie Greyhound

savageboy

Registered
Reaction score
well as yer no i,ve gotme eye on greyhound bedlington whippet pup. but i all so like collie greyhound,s

so first hancock breeds them and as been in the game for years. now if i could get some feed back on these dogs, which would be the best for ferreting lamping , a first cross coillie greyhound or a

3/4 collie greyhpund . or a collie greyhound whippet. i want somthing about 23 inch up to 25 inch approx.

and some feed back on hancocks dogs, all this would help me quest for me lurcher pup .

cheers good hunting savageboy 8)

JUST GET IT IN YOUR HEAD WHAT BREED YOU NEED.WHAT QUARRY YOU ARE

GOING TO RUN AND GO FOR IT.THERE ARE BAD DOGS IN EVERY BREED

THERES NO WONDERS DOGS IN ANY STRAIN.YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE DOG.

THERES ONLY ONE WAY GET WHICH EVER PUP YOU WANT AND TRAIN IT

THE WAY YOU WANT :cheers:

cheers buddy . but i have a few types in me head , one is a greyhound bedlington whippet and the other is a collie greyhound or collie greyhound whippet. so feed back on these would help me matey. that is why i was asking for some feedback, cheers buddy good hunting savageboy :D

GOOD LUCK MATE WITH WHATEVER YOU GET THOUGHT ABOUT ABULLX

OF FOXMAD FROM HARDCORE HUNTING SITE :cheers:

my m8 has a first cross whippet grayhound..

its one fast dog

cheers for the feedback on collie greyhounds . one of my lurcher,s called spider was bred , on the bitches side was greyhound whippet ,,, on the dogs side was 3/4 collie greyhound, and he was a fantastic dog great at ferreting great at lamping would slaughter fox mark setts was an out standing dog . he was my last lurcher, not had one for 5 years . so i feel like a novice again even though i worked em for over 20 years lol.

but i no no one with collie greyhound ,s only hancock , so i can do with loads of feed back on people who have got is dog,s , i don,t want feedback on the guy him self just how is dogs are working .

cheers all the best and thanks again to people who have sent me feedback it is really much appriecated

and please keep the feedback coming and of course any pictures , my family cannot wait for a pup lol, so any pictures from hancock dogs will make them happy , cheers savageboy :D :D :D

savageboy said:
cheers for the feedback on collie greyhounds . one of my lurcher,s called spider was bred , on the bitches side was greyhound whippet ,,, on the dogs side was 3/4 collie greyhound, and he was a fantastic dog great at ferreting great at lamping would slaughter fox mark setts was an out standing dog . he was my last lurcher, not had one for 5 years . so i feel like a novice again even though i worked em for over 20 years lol.
but i no no one with collie greyhound ,s only hancock , so i can do with loads of feed back on people who have got is dog,s , i don,t want feedback on the guy him self just how is dogs are working .

cheers all the best and thanks again to people who have sent me feedback it is really much appriecated

and please keep the feedback coming and of course any pictures , my family cannot wait for a pup lol, so any pictures from hancock dogs will make them happy , cheers savageboy  :D   :D   :D

i always been told to stay away from hancock dogs even tho i like the looks of em

but if somone elese breeds the same typ of dog will he have that ? i think so ..

i think that (honcock) just got a bad name from how he treats his puppys (wich aint good with the sounds of things)..

but i rekon in the rite hands any puppy will grow to work and be a great dog

to be honest if i went to his kennels i seen i lil puppy what i liked i would prob take it home...and if people told me i must be mad then so be it....after all any1 can breed the same typ of dogs just not ( hancock)

its up 2 you to make the dog pal

hope that helps ;)

boom said:
savageboy said:

and please keep the feedback coming and of course any pictures , my family cannot wait for a pup lol, so any pictures from hancock dogs will make them happy , cheers savageboy  :D   :D   :D

i always been told to stay away from hancock dogs even tho i like the looks of em

but if somone elese breeds the same typ of dog will he have that ? i think so ..

i think that (honcock) just got a bad name from how he treats his puppys (wich aint good with the sounds of things)..

but i rekon in the rite hands any puppy will grow to work and be a great dog

to be honest if i went to his kennels i seen i lil puppy what i liked i would prob take it home...and if people told me i must be mad then so be it....after all any1 can breed the same typ of dogs just not ( hancock)

its up 2 you to make the dog pal

hope that helps ;)

cheers matey for that, i am a member of a few other forums and have put the same questions on each , and have been getting goodfeed back , quite a lot of people have hancock dogs and they seem work very well. but also got a few that do not like the bloke as well and think he is a just a puppy peddler. but most are good feed back for him and each is happy with is dog , but i have had no one who own,s one of is dog,s say they are crap they all say they are exerlent workers , . so keep the feed back coming and pictures as well . and the people that own his dog,s can you let me no of the size,s they are cheers savageboy :D

I had a collie/Whippet/Greyhound and he was the most intelligent dog ever. Where as my Greyhound would run the line of a hare, Merlin would stand off the hare and wait for it to turn. He was never on a lead and was one of the most biddable dogs.

I have a beddie/Whippet now and she is great but has the terrier flashes of temper which needs watching. Also seen as though she is from pure working stock a real lack of imclination to chase :b

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, no more Hancock, not after last time!!

Don't know much about collie X's but I know folk with beddie x whippets and they're great, very strong and resilient.

Good luck though.

simon said:

Couldnt agree more I think that subject has been done to death on here ;)

simon said:
Don't know much about collie X's but I know folk with beddie x whippets and they're great, very strong and resilient.

Good luck though.

i know your bord of hancock pal but a new member is asking 4 advice

i think he should get it no matter wat :))

I'M SICK OF BIRD FLU BUT ITS ALWAYS TALKED ABOUT

boom said:
simon said:

Good luck though.

I understand, it was done with a touch of humour for those whose ears* are still ringing from the last bout.

*don't know 'bout everybody else but i do voices when reading posts, and when Hancocks mentioned they get loud and impatient.

simon said:
boom said:
simon said:

Good luck though.

I understand, it was done with a touch of humour for those whose ears* are still ringing from the last bout.

*don't know 'bout everybody else but i do voices when reading posts, and when Hancocks mentioned they get loud and impatient.

LMAO

hi guy,s really thanx for the feedback that i ,ve been getting it much appricated and is needed , all though i had lurchers for over 20 years that was over 5 years ago , i feel like i,ve lost touchwith the lurcher side so sorry if i,ve been a pain but where else can you get such down to earth infomation, a forum of course. so please keep coming with pictures and feedback , its well needed , thanx again and good hunting cheers savageboy.

ps. and thank,s boom , :D

hi and welcome to k9 , good luck in your search for your pup , you may like to try going through the old threads in the lurcher section on here, may take a good bit of your time but will be worth it to have a deeper insight? many useful threads of advice and opinions on there.

good luck and happy hunting :thumbsup:

LMAO

Sorry Boom, what does LMAO mean. I'm not down with the text revolution, even though i'm still a young whippersnapper. When i do get the chance to text somebody it takes a while.

Ole hancock rears his head again :lol:

Now although i do have an old lurcher from hancock i would never ever buy another one from him, not because of the dog that i have, shes been a good ole girl over the years (a bit prone to cutting her feet up in the early days, but hampshire flint is bad) but more due to the conditions he keeps or did keep his dogs in.

But as for what we can hunt now after the ban, a first cross collie/grey or 3/4 grey collie will be fine for the bunnies. In fact i will probably get another first cross when the time comes.

12 years old and still doing the biz

IMG_1697.jpg

Back