The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Coats For Boy Whippets

Angel44

Registered
Reaction score
My little girl Pippet has always had coats for winter and I've never had a problem with them. However, I also now have Baja, a gorgeous little boy whippet :) I'm desperate to find him a coat that he can't wee on :- " The straps seem to go around his tummy too close to his *cough cough* and he ends up smelling like a urinal :x

Any ideas please as to where I can get boys coats?

Try the Market Place on here....JoK does some great coats for both sexes... :thumbsup: (Citycroft coats)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. I'm glad it's not just Busta! :D He wees on himself all the time. :x It drives me mad. My washing machine is on the go constantly. I just have lots of coats now and rotate them! :D He can and does cock his leg, but often he just squats and wees all over his own legs and stomach. We keep a box of pet wipes handy at all times :D Yuk!

Vicky

x

I've just emailed Citycroft - thanks :thumbsup:

(w00t) Glad it's not just my boy :lol: My dogs come up to the stable yard every day with me for about 4 hours, so by the time we are ready to leave he is absolutely honking :x I've told him he will have to wear a nappy if this carries on :clown: Bless him, he's so proud that he can now wee like a big boy that he has to practice all the time :- " And yes, he too gets it all over his front legs :oops:

Angel44 said:
My little girl Pippet has always had coats for winter and I've never had a problem with them.  However, I also now have Baja, a gorgeous little boy whippet  :)   I'm desperate to find him a coat that he can't wee on  :- "  The straps seem to go around his tummy too close to his *cough cough* and he ends up smelling like a urinal  :x  
Any ideas please as to where I can get boys coats?

I have tried loads of coats for my boys and by and large they all get wee on them as the straps fit so close. The best I have had is Togs for Dogs the strap is elasticated. It gives a better closing finish. Not only does it not get wee'd on as much but it does not smell the same either. Even looks good after regular washing.

http://www.togsfordogs.net/

too close to his *cough cough*

(w00t) made me chuckle

Thank heavens Izzy is a lady (ha ha LOL), but whippets can never have too many coats :- "

I have coats with crossover straps (something like a New Zealand horse rug!) from Coats4K9s on Ebay. I find they also stay in place much better than coats with belly bands.

Back