The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Clever Names

aslan

a totally addicted
Registered
Reaction score
I am an Aussie showie and was just having a scan through the racing section out of interest and I just saw two names that I think are really clever - New Lisa Life and Hat Outta Belle.

I also saw a show bitch once on a site somewhere called Elle for Leather

Would anyone like to list any other clever names that are around at present ( or from the past).

I had sort of decided on names for my current litter but I am always open to suggestions and ideas if people are willing to pass them on!

Here are some like Elle for Leather!

A for Horses

B for Honey

C for Yourself

D for Ential

E for Brick

F for Vescence

G for Police

H for Experience

I for The Engine

J for Cake

K for Stick

L for Leather

M for Size

N for Eggs

O for A Pint

P for Releif

Q for A Bus

R for Mo

S for Rantzen

T for Two

U for Mism

V for La France

W for A Six

X for Breakfast

Y for Mistress

Z for Wind

There's Elovado. Pronounced it wrong at the Norther Open last year and was smartly corrected, El-ov-a-do.

thats you out of the tanoy job this year then lucky b*gger

Donna's offered to do the PA if her boss gives her the day off (but she'll neeed support)

totally o/t but when is Northerns open this year?

Think we need a big k9 meet up! :cheers:

Hi Vicky our 1st one is on the 2nd May,

as always your all more than welcome to come down (how are you at line judging (!) )

Vicky said:
Think we need a big k9 meet up!  :cheers:
Come the night before & enjoy a couple of beers in the pub :wacko:

aslan said:
Would anyone like to list any other clever names that are around at present ( or from the past).I had sort of decided on names for my current litter but I am always open to suggestions and ideas if people are willing to pass them on!
I've attached the list of 'Names suitable for a Whippet' from the Whippet and Race Dog - the book is from 1895 so you may find some of the names a little odd : :teehee:

WhippetNames.txt

Come the night before & enjoy a couple of beers in the pub
Sounds good to me!

Who else will be going who i haven't met?

We're going up to run on the Sunday .........i'll start saving now if you're going on the line (w00t)

Hatt Outta Belle came about because she was called Hattie and her mother was Belle. Hattie's daughter was called Lisa but because her owner dropped out of racing for a while, she never actually started racing untill she was 6 years old - hence New Lisa Life. :D Clever eh!

emw - I love P For Relief :D

Don't get G For Police or W For A Six though. Will someone explain to my poor worn out brain :(

one of my greyhound race names is Eehbygum think you can tell she is from lancashire just with the name allthough thats what they might have sshouted when she just stood there and woundt chase :D

wendy

Hi There,

I can't help you with names as i too have the problem of names for my seven pups. The other half has been naming them though, we now have a Nemo, Seth, Bubba, Paris(girl), Last night he came home and said we should call one Fredo(told him i knew of a Fredo on here). :oops: I forgot about Blob(sorry lydia), he was second born and came out put his front feet in the air and said nipple and latched onto his mum and has been there ever since hence the name Blob. There is only one boy without a name. Demi's first litter was to CH.Nevedith Rare Rogue and that was my Wota litter, Maggie's Show name is Whippabout Wotawaytogo. Just don't seem to be that clever this time. Will have to get my thinking cap on.

Debra :D 8) :wacko:

Hi All

Here are some reg names I used for my Basset Hounds

Pearl Egatez

Eileen Dover

Betty Srite

Helen Iwater

Tanya Hyde

Mandy Lifeboat

Ophelia Collar

Laura Biding

Lydia Teapot

Thersea Green

Anne othergo

Stan Datezz

Stan Eezee

Wille Combac

Harri Krishna

Arther moe

Will Elikit

Willie Ekerslike

Last edited by a moderator:
This Greyhound won in Dublin on Saturday night. FOG IN HELL (say it quickly !) Don`t think the commentator was too impressed. Also, NORFOLK ENCHANTS was another one that escaped the censor ! My favourite was from Australia, RICHARD CRANIUM (Dick Head). :D

This topic of that names that beat the system appeared recently on GLOBAL GREYHOUNDS.COM. They were submitted from Amercia , England , Ireland and Australia and whilst some are very `dodgy`, you must admit they are well thought out ! The only problem was nobody said how these poor creatures turned out on the race track !

FAWNY KATE, LIQUOR SENSELESS, HOOF HEARTED, SEMAN STAINS, PISTOL KNIGHT, TEST TICKLE, ICED INK, YOU FOR COUGH, TRAPS HEAVEN (running from trap 4 !), KOZIMANASOUL (Koz im an arsehole).

No offence intended and I`ll expect to see a % warning by my name !!!!

Lover Norfolk Enchants and Richard Cranium, oh and Pistol Knight (sounds like some whippet racers) :D

Back