The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Classic English Whippet Derby 2012

The response has been phenomenal for camping, thanks everyone for confirming your bookings.

If anyone has any queries please don't hesitate to contact me.

regards

Doreen

Did you get my pm Doreen ? Not sure I have done it right.

In the current ecomonic climate we are trying to encourage people into whippet racing but the numbers of people attending opens seems to be decreasing. Additional costs are not going to encourage people to travel.
Just my opinion and thoughts.
Have to say I agree. It's great a track's been able to help out last minute but I'd of thought something more central would of helped assure a greater attendance. I know the Derby's attendances have been dropping and personally felt the location and time of year were it's detriment. With so many struggling with the expense, I'd of thought this would of been an opportunity to make the Derby more ammeniable to everyone.

What would of made more sense to me would of been to combine Fordingbridge's weekend of racing with the English Derby.

Anyway it's all a done deal and Doreen is reporting lots of bookings so maybe I'm wrong.

Out of curiosity Chris, what are the plans for the future?

I understand where you are coming from Jacqui.

Who knows what will happen in the future.

In the early days it was the intention to move the Derby around the country....

We have struggled in the past finding a suitable venue, we will see how things go!

I am hopeful someone new will take over W News in the New Year, maybe the Derby will go to whoever takes it on.

I cant understand why folk are moaning, the event is going ahead ok not where first planned but at such short notice the Fordy gang have stepped in and helped Chris to keep the event going which is what everyone wants, the event meant people had to travel anyway and yes alot of people make it their main holiday (me included)but change of venue hasnt been done to upset people it has just been unfortunate that the track isnt suitable and lets face it the safety of the dogs comes first, so people who have booked the time off work will still be able to enjy their hobby and holiday as well the plus side is, there is camping trackside which is what most people want, and not forgetting the Derby used to be held at Aycliffe which is about as far north as you can go in england in the oposite direction, so I think thanks are in order for keeping the Prestegious event going.

fiona

Hi all, most people have now confirmed their booking, just a couple who have not, please can they let us know as soon as possible as I might have to enquire about using an overflow space within the sports ground if we get any new enquiries

Can the following please confirm

Beniston x 2 caravans

Gormley x 1 caravan

Smith k x 1 caravan

Stayte x 1 caravan

Syson x 1 caravan

Warren D x 1 caravan

kind regards

Doreen

Doreen,Dave and Nessa (D Warren)are at Shirebrook,they've travelled up to camp.I'm sure they'll get back to you when they get back

I cant understand why folk are moaning, the event is going ahead ok not where first planned but at such short notice the Fordy gang have stepped in and helped Chris to keep the event going which is what everyone wants, the event meant people had to travel anyway and yes alot of people make it their main holiday (me included)but change of venue hasnt been done to upset people it has just been unfortunate that the track isnt suitable and lets face it the safety of the dogs comes first, so people who have booked the time off work will still be able to enjy their hobby and holiday as well the plus side is, there is camping trackside which is what most people want, and not forgetting the Derby used to be held at Aycliffe which is about as far north as you can go in england in the oposite direction, so I think thanks are in order for keeping the Prestegious event going.
fiona
Forgive me if i am wrong but from my point of veiw reading the comments it does look to me as though people are moaning about it. Some are just understandably dissapointed and others just seem to be putting there opinion across. Everyone has a right to an opinion and with so many different people you will never get everyone to agree on the right course of action. It is not the ideal situation and yes it is great the fordingbridge have come to the rescue and yes it is better to run on a safer track but it doesn't mean that everyone has to agree that it was the best solution. Don't get me wrong i'm quite happy to run a fordy its a lovley place i'm just saying we need to repect other peoples opinions when they differ from your own.

Doreen,Dave and Nessa (D Warren)are at Shirebrook,they've travelled up to camp.I'm sure they'll get back to you when they get back

Thanks Karen, it's just that I am desperate for confirmation as we might have to tell some people that we are fully booked, especially if I can't get the permission to use some overflow ground at the track.

kind regards

Doreen

Thanks Karen, it's just that I am desperate for confirmation as we might have to tell some people that we are fully booked, especially if I can't get the permission to use some overflow ground at the track.

kind regards

Doreen
I'll see them tomorrow at Shirebrook,(i'll explain if somebody hasn't already told them)and let you know

fiona
Forgive me if i am wrong but from my point of veiw reading the comments it does look to me as though people are moaning about it. Some are just understandably dissapointed and others just seem to be putting there opinion across. Everyone has a right to an opinion and with so many different people you will never get everyone to agree on the right course of action. It is not the ideal situation and yes it is great the fordingbridge have come to the rescue and yes it is better to run on a safer track but it doesn't mean that everyone has to agree that it was the best solution. Don't get me wrong i'm quite happy to run a fordy its a lovley place i'm just saying we need to repect other peoples opinions when they differ from your own.
Yes I agree everyone is entitled to their own opinion,

fiona

fiona
Yes I agree everyone is entitled to their own opinion,

fiona

Just to give an update, we only have 2 more caravan places left now after a couple of cancellations, and more tents/trailer places.

If you are interested please give me a call or pm me. I have been asked to look into caravan storage for those people who intend to come back for the NNWRF/Fordingbridge 10 day event in July. I am in contact with a guy who is 10 mins away from the track so I will post more details when I have them. It would be helpful to know how many people would like to leave their caravans .

regards

Doreen

Just to give an update, we only have 2 more caravan places left now after a couple of cancellations, and more tents/trailer places.
If you are interested please give me a call or pm me. I have been asked to look into caravan storage for those people who intend to come back for the NNWRF/Fordingbridge 10 day event in July. I am in contact with a guy who is 10 mins away from the track so I will post more details when I have them. It would be helpful to know how many people would like to leave their caravans .

regards

Doreen

HI Doreen,

i would be interested in storing my caravan if possible as i'am

back down for fordy week in july.

If you could help me will be much appresiated

Jane and Dot.

Just to let everyone know, I have managed to arrange caravan storage for anyone who would like to leave their caravans at Fordingbridge after the English Derby. It is just around the corner from the track and it will be £7 per week per caravan. Please get in touch with me if you wish to book.

regards

Doreen

Just to let everyone know, I have managed to arrange caravan storage for anyone who would like to leave their caravans at Fordingbridge after the English Derby. It is just around the corner from the track and it will be £7 per week per caravan. Please get in touch with me if you wish to book.
doreen great newscould you put me down for storage . thanks for all your work and time. is is really appreiated

regards

Doreen

doreen great newscould you put me down for storage . thanks for all your work and time. is is really appreiated

regards

Doreen

Will book it for you Dave

Doreen

regards

Doreen

Bump

Back