The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Chewing Gum

Rosie

Registered
Reaction score
Skye has managed to get chewing gum stuck in her fur behind the elbow and on her chest :( just where the hair is quite long and downy :b . Anyone any clever ideas about how to get it off?

Have had to come back to work today so haven't been able to have a good go at it yet but its pretty sticky :x and don't think just shampoo will sort it out :(

the best way to get it all out is to rubb it with an ice cube so it goes hard and then I am sorry but cut it out is the best way to get rid of it all

I only know the one about putting an ice cube on chewing gum and I don't think poor Skye would appreciate that very much, brrrr. :eek:

yep same idea here, try to freeze it so it becomes brittle, putting ice cubes on it would be the best way and then you could try picking it of or you might have to cut it :b

good luck :huggles:

I've heard about ice cubes for carpets so guess I'll give it a try. Poor Skye, can't see her liking that very much :unsure:

Well isn't Google a marvelous thing - just searched 'chewing gum removal dogs' and apparently mayonnaise or peanut butter works really well (w00t) :lol: . It's to do with the oils breaking down the chewing gum :blink:

Worth a try :))

we once had this problem and i shaved it off (w00t) it was too close to the skin to do anything else,just be careful though and use a steady hand :p

You could try cooking or olive oil rubbed into it, might shift it - good luck

Can't see Skye laying there while you freeze it :lol:

I think it will have to be one of the other suggestions

you try.

Last edited by a moderator:
peanut butter works when my grand daughter the little o:) got it inher hair and the poodles topknots it worked a treat :*

Skye must take after her mum Kath......remember the one of Gem and pups..where gem had the sweet stuck in her coat.... :lol:

Vaseline should work, I used it to get gum off billy but it did take a while but i saved me having to cut it out!

Janimal said:
Skye must take after her mum Kath......remember the one of Gem and pups..where gem had the sweet stuck in her coat.... :lol:
I know :lol: . Made me think of the same thing too :D .

The mayo has got some of it off but I'm going to have another go at it with peanut butter later :))

Back