The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Chewing Everything

molly's mummy

Registered
Reaction score
Help :wacko:

I'm at work and my partner Stu's just phoned me to say Molly moo has chewed the phone which was sitting on its cradle on a shelf, minding it's own business and is now in tatters! (he called me from his mobile!) She's left for no more than 3 and a half hours a day and all her toys are left out as is the radio left on for her. She's 10 months old, bless :wub: , and has just come out of her first proper season. Will she grow out of this chewing obsession (she ribs her toys to bits and just wants to get all the stuffing out).

I'm quite new to this forum and will try to figure out how to post her pics. She's a whippet/collie cross mainly black and brindlely brown colours with the cutest wee face :wub:

Would appreciate anyone's thoughts.

Px (aka molly the destroyers mummy)

molly said:
Help :wacko:
I'm at work and my partner Stu's just phoned me to say Molly moo has chewed the phone which was sitting on its cradle on a shelf, minding it's own business and is now in tatters!  (he called me from his mobile!)  She's left for no more than 3 and a half hours a day and all her toys are left out as is the radio left on for her.  She's 10 months old, bless  :wub: , and has just come out of her first proper season.  Will she grow out of this chewing obsession (she ribs her toys to bits and just wants to get all the stuffing out). 

I'm quite new to this forum and will try to figure out how to post her pics. She's a whippet/collie cross mainly black and brindlely brown colours with the cutest wee face :wub:

Would appreciate anyone's thoughts.

Px (aka molly the destroyers mummy)

Get a nice big crate for her while you are out the house..... or you may not have a house to come back to (w00t)

Its also a place she can go when she wants to be quiet/on her own

I have two whippets and they have a cage they share, no more broken things...well actually thats a lie cause they will grab things when im not looking lol :- "

We need pictures...so get posting :huggles: :thumbsup:

:) Thanx for that. Because she's a wee cross, i'll get her dressed soon and then get a wee bro or sis for her, as she wails when we leave her also.

Will post pics soon - when i figure it out :- "

Px

My suggestion is also to get a crate. Holly is 7 months old and there is NO WAY i would leave her 'loose' when i go out. She's a right little chewer! That way, she's safe and my house is safe and she doesn't get into trouble :lol:

Would the crate or cage not maybe freak her out - i know i totally mother her :oops: - but she's my baby (i cant have any so i know i have spoiled her) - but yeh the crate idea does seem to be the solution..

Thanx.

P

molly said:
Would the crate or cage not maybe freak her out - i know i totally mother her :oops:   - but she's my baby (i cant have any so i know i have spoiled her) - but yeh the crate idea does seem to be the solution..
Thanx.

P

you just get the crate mummy, soon get used to it, and no more wrecked house, besides she will come to look on it as a place of her own, bang some comfy bedding inside it :thumbsup:

keith

just make the crate nice and cosey and lots of snuggly bedding as keith says....

she will go in there because it will be nice, leave the door open while your in the house to start with, then shut it for 5 mins at a time, building up....

If you want her to sleep in the cage at night, then you may have to put up with the crying for a week or so, a few days if your lucky...it can be hard but its worth it...

Unless your baby sleeps with you in your bed of course

midlanderkeith said:
molly said:
Would the crate or cage not maybe freak her out - i know i totally mother her :oops:   - but she's my baby (i cant have any so i know i have spoiled her) - but yeh the crate idea does seem to be the solution..
Thanx.

P

you just get the crate mummy, soon get used to it, and no more wrecked house, besides she will come to look on it as a place of her own, bang some comfy bedding inside it :thumbsup:

keith

Okaydokay - i'll take this advice - my hoose won't have a thing in it if i dont!

would i get this in a pet shop? :- "

Kim and Tilly said:
just make the crate nice and cosey and lots of snuggly bedding as keith says....
she will go in there because it will be nice, leave the door open while your in the house to start with, then shut it for 5 mins at a time, building up....

If you want her to sleep in the cage at night, then you may have to put up with the crying for a week or so, a few days if your lucky...it can be hard but its worth it...

Unless your baby sleeps with you in your bed of course

:oops: guilty m' lord

Leaving work now and heading off home to see just how bad the "dog and bone" (xcuse the pun) is..

Thanks to all for your advice - sorry molly, a crate it is. :teehee:

Px

molly said:
Leaving work now and heading off home to see just how bad the "dog and bone" (xcuse the pun) is..
Thanks to all for your advice - sorry molly, a crate it is.  :teehee:

Px

leaving work heading for home, using the pc at work eh, ive just emailed your gaffer, this is unacceptable, :D

keith

We found the metal based ones fab!The plastic ones crack and cannot be replaced so then u got to go get another as they trays are not sold on their own. :huggles: Just include lots of soft bedding ,we got vets fleece in ours which is like wall to wall carpet! Plus baby quilts and cosy blankets.They seem to treat the crate as their own little bedroom.

I know the feeling :( Kaos ate Nigel's MP3 player when he was a puppy. Whats more I somehow got the blame :- "

You've got a hidden camera in our house haven't you (w00t)

Back