The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Chemotherapy ....

Strike Whippets

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a dog go through chemotherapy ?? ....If so what were the side effects please ?? ...Cheers in advance Hannah :)

Do you have a contact number for Stormy dog ? Hasn't Storm been having chemotherapy

No help from me, just :luck: and :huggles: with your decision.

So it for one of yours then. That's really sad Hannah. Is it Miya? What have you decided?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes its Miya :( .....I'm still trying to decide what to do for the best :wacko: ....... Puts things into perspective really doesn't it .....

:( i no can help, there was a possibility Gin would have gone on Chemo to drop her immune system but they went a different way instead.

wishing all the luck and strength for you in the world

:huggles: :luck: :luck: :luck: :huggles: :luck: :luck: :luck: :huggles:

oh hannah,

really sorry about miya :(

:huggles: to you and :huggles: to miya :wub:

dont have any advice, but :luck: :luck: from us

words just dont seem enough,

xxx

In addition to the PM is sent you i thought i'd reply on here too.......

Trust me it is not as bad as it sounds at all, Jesse is coping well and he is 9 so not the youngest either. They just seem to have flu type symptoms for a couple of days afterwards.

I was dead against his amputation and chemo before i saw him go through it and now he is happy on 3 legs and even the chemo doesnt stop him for long.

I say give it a go, you can always stop after one go, if you cant cope with it. Dogs are tough and its nothing like when humans have it, they are much much more resilient.

If you want to call me to chat then do, PM me and i'll give you my number, either that or ask all the questions you want.......

:huggles:

just caught up with this hannah - :luck: :luck: all the luck in the world for miya and a great big dollop of strength for you xxx

Oh Hannah, so sorry to read this :( Wishing you lots of luck and strength with whatever you decide to do. :huggles:

So sorry to read this about Miya :huggles: Sending you some... :huggles:

and :luck: :luck: for your decision.

Thankyou for all of your kind wishes, help, advice and emails .....Fingers crossed we may not have to go down this route :sweating: .....Her drugs are being changed for 3 weeks to see how she goes, then she'll have bloods run and her chest x-rayed :wacko: ....Thanks again, Hannah xx

Back