The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Charity open 5th may at the indie

Firemansam

Registered
Reaction score
Following the loss of my mum last year to cancer we have decided to organise a charity open to raise money for both Douglas Macmillan and Cancer research.

The Independent have kindly allowed us to run it there.

We ask that if anyone is willing to help out on the day with line judging, paddock etc that this would be greatly appreciated, and could you please pm me.

Also if you would like to sponsor a weight group to supporty the open and the charites please pm me.

Fingers crossed for a great day!

Pre paid entries to

A O'Brien

Dulchorae

Cedar Hill

Alton

Staffordshire

ST10 4BQ

Douglas Macmillan Dash
All proceeds to Douglas Macmillan and Cancer Research​
Sunday 5th May 2013​
At the Independent WRC, Worcester, WR6 5LP​
175yds Straight @ 3/4yd/lb 14-18lb, 19-21lb, 22-24lb 25-27lb, 28-32lb​
Vet 150yds 1/2 yd/lb plus yd/yr 14-20lb, 21-26, 27-32lb​
Consolation racing in all groups​
Qualifies for Whippet News top 10 points​
No Passports required
Weigh in till 11:30 racing starts 12:00​
£6 per dog. Camping available @ £4 per night​
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES Wed 24th April​

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about your mum, both great charities. The Markamys will be there to support you :thumbsup:

two great charities,the shropshire gang will be there to support you Andy..i'll help do the weigh in if you like.. :thumbsup:

Hi Andy, we will be there & happy to help out with tannoy or some line judging.

Cheers

Darcia

well done Andy.. very meaningful charities for us too. will be entering and could help with line judging of lightweights if needed.

Thankyou to everyone who has messaged me so far with offers of help and sponsorship.

Please, please keep them coming :thumbsup:

Hi Andy we hope to come to support this Great Charity the Blue Gang will help in between catching our boys and girls i could help with the vetrans if you need me just let me know so come on all you lovely people come and give Andy lots of support for this GREAT CHARITY and make lots of lovely money and also a great way to catch up with all our lovely friends hope its a day Andy for you to remember well done you

LOTS OF LOVE THE BLUE GANG XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Andy

Sorry I am unable to access this entry form.

Can you please send me one so I can provide them for Club members

Thanks

Carol

offers of sponsorship are trickling in, a huge thank you to all those who have offered. Quite a few helpers but a few more line judges to make it easy on everyone would be greatly appreciated.

thankyou everyone

Alton Towers have donated 4 Tickets which we will auction to the highest bidder on the day!

Thanks for the reminder - must get ours into the post to you :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Charity Auction and raffle

We will be holding an auction during the open, up for grabs is 4 Alton Towers Tickets these would normally cost £46.20 EACH! Donated by Alton Towers these can be used for adults or children. Cash, cheque or post a cheque after the open!

Also we ask if you can donate something for the raffle.

If you would like to sponsor a weight group, heat wins or make a donation please let us know at annagobrien@btconnect.com or 07968479180

Thankyou

Andy and Anna

closing date is wednesday, but we will take entries up until saturday if you message me your details.

Donations for the raffle will be greatly appreciated on the day.

Great photos as always Alan. Love the ones of Cam (Duncton Spirit of the Wind in blue in his semi), many thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

tried to log in but saying I dont exsist help!!

Please take a look at the whippet news for September for proof that the monies raised have been paid to Cancer Research and Douglas Macmillan.

It took over a month to collect all the money owed and then a few weeks to get it all cashed and cheques cleared and all paid.

We are looking forward to holding the open again in May 2014

Back