The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

CHAMPIONS ???

andrew foster

Registered
Reaction score
THE word champion let it be RCH or NCH mean what it says or is most of it down to timing or lady luck.AS i have a bitch that has a season every 5 months she only runs on the straights, in her time she has beaten all champions in her weight class at sometime.IN her racing carrier to date she has won 110 open racers ie pups, adults, vets winning SUP 19 times and never won a title so i guess my UNTITLED CHAMPION is down to bad luck.                                                                                                                                                                                                           ANDY ???

hi andy i think most of us would like a champion, it is a special

event,alot say they mean nothing to them,

the feeling of winning a title is far  greater than winning an open, (but at the end of the day who cares as long as the dogs do their best and finish the race injury free)

and that youv'e enjoyed the racing and meeting old friends.

EVEN STEVE   ;)

Hi Andrew,

Some people just have a nack of having good luck on Championship day, i'm sure there are hundreds of people out there who have had brilliant dogs that have beaten champions at opens but when it comes round to championship day they just don't have the luck.

At the end of the day if you know your dog has won opens and ran well against good dogs then thats all that matters really.  

It also depends on the size of the weight class and the quality of dogs in that weight class.  I'm sure you'd rather have a good dog without a title that's run against cracking competition every time she's won than a not as good dog thats had no competition and got umpteen titles (It does happen)!!!!

i think alot of the should be champions are run that much

prior to championships,that they go there tired or carrying an injury,

I totally agree NIEL,but in my case it is getting CILLA out of season at the right time,as i only get about 7 weeks racing before she comes into season again.I tried her on the needle and also the pill but she always ran flat so that went out the window.That is why i am keeping a dog this time,hoping that will change my luck.                                                                                                             ANDY. :)

hi andy iv'e a bitch pup,hope she doesn't break every 6months,her mother only used to break once a year

do you think this will have any influenceon the pups seasons

hi andy its funny because we got ice tylers litter sister off rick and shes only a 6 monthly bitch as well i was wondered if micky mouse had anything to do with it as weve had 2 out of him to diffrent bitches and there both be 6 monthly

NIEL you will never know till it happens,she could go either way but the first season knocks #### out of them.                                                                                                                                                                                                  ANDY.

hope this site is still on when she does   :(  i haven't a clue about bitches.

Hello Andy

Fluke is also  a six month bitch so like you i get very frustated as she not only comes in season twice a year but she also upsets Kipper and i suppose Coral this year and even tends to bring the other two bitches i have in season so you are right it is a lot to do with luck but it makes it even more special when you win fighting all the odds together i suppose i could just keep dogs or bitches but i could not part with kipper so i will just plod on and wish for the extra bit o luck you need  it is not to bad if your dog is laughing at the opposition is it Neil? Yes you guessed he is still at it .Steve

just flicking through some early topics both my bitches Little Doll and Chicane are 7 monthly wonder if this will be the same for Izzy and Duffy :wacko:

I have in the past thought that the number of times a bitch comes in season per year can be down to their genetics and could be carried in some blood lines.

Has anyone got a 6mths bitch or a stud dog with litter sisters that are 6monthly that have produced bitch pups that are 6monthly (or in some cases less).

Connor's Lass is went around 10/11 monthly before she was bred from, now she goes 7mths from pups birth and 6monthly after that.

Connor's Legacy/Dream are around 10/11 monthly also.

Can't comment for the second litter, they're all boys :sweating: .

Biddy was a 6monthly bitch, my nobiddys fool out first litter is yearly, my mums pnut is longer than that not 100% sure but 2 bitches out 2nd litter we kept are 6monthly not sure bout the little bitch walter has.

indy master blaster x slipperhas allways been a 10 month bitch ruby (hellish) her litter sister was a 6 month bitch before she came here when she was with ricky since shes been here shes 10 monthly infact she and indy allways come in season within 48 hours of each other yet then never bring my other bitches in season with them ninnys ( picaninny) vivs quest xjennalin is allways 6 months and lacey cracket it and thcee was all was 12 monthly so they never brought each other in yet all lived togethere.

I totally agree NIEL,but in my case it is getting CILLA out of season at the right time,as i only get about 7 weeks racing before she comes into season again.I tried her on the needle and also the pill but she always ran flat so that went out the window.That is why i am keeping a dog this time,hoping that will change my luck.                                                                                                             ANDY. :)
are you getting another dog andy.

Jackie

You do realise that post was put up seven years ago don't you Jackie ? :sweating:

Back