Ch Pencloe Dutch Gold

dawn

Registered
Reaction score
We have received the email below via a friend

Our thoughts are with Morag at this sad time

With a heavy heart I am writing to tell you that the 1992 Crufts BIS

Ch. Pencloe Dutch Gold

has passed away earlier this week at age 14 1/2.

Bred, owned and campaigned by Morag Bolton-Lockhart, "Dutch" was top Whippet in the U.K. in 1991 before winning BIS at Crufts under the late Ann Argyle (Harque), having won BoB under Roger Stock (Courthill) and Joanna Russell, then going BIG under June Minns.

Although still a young dog, he was retired after this fabulous win.

'Dutch' was by Hillsdown Fergal ex Moonbeam of Pencloe and Kienford, Dutch's pedigree was bound to produce; resulting, to date, in 10 British Champions and numerous abroad.

Always the perfect gentleman, I feel priviliged to have known this outstanding Whippet.

My thoughts are with Dutch's best friend, his owner and breeder Morag Bolton - Lockhart.

Thomas Muench

FlicFlac Whippets

Dutch was a fabulous dog who features in many whippet pedigrees throughout the world including our own.

Richard and Dawn Mason

Aphrael Whippets

Last edited by a moderator:
My Deepest Sympathy's go to Morag,

This was a truly an amazing dog who went on to be part of so many top winning dogs pedigree's. I never had the pleasure of seeing this dog as i had moved to Australia, but he was a deciding factor when i used Nevedith Rare Rogue over my bitch. And i wasn't disappointed with the results.

Truly a sad week in the whippet world.

Debra

What sad news about `Dutch`.I can remember when he first came into the ring and although he occaisionally was placed Morag was on the verge of taking him out of the ring as she(and others ) didn`t think he was getting the recognition that he deserved ,we persuaded her to carry on thank goodness ,and as they say `the rest is history`When he won at Crufts I couldn`t have been more happier and proud if the dog had been one of my own.Truly a great dog ,and one that has contributed greatly to our breed.At the time `Dutch ` was out I had Peperone Passat in the ring and one of Badgers `claim to fame ` as it were was when he won Open and the dog C C under Michael Argyle(husband of Ann (Best In Show Judge at Crufts the year `Dutch `won It). Dutch could only manange 4th or 5th that day ,for some reason or other Morag ran far too fast with Dutch and spoit his chance. We were so used to `Dutch` winning the class I stood looking amazed when `Badger` won the class, so much so that the judge inquired `You have won a class before havn`t you!!,and apparently on the way home Michael got a real telling off from Ann for knocking `Dutch`!!I feel proud to have met such a great dog ,God Bless you Dutch and sympathies to Morag

This correction followed the first email

Wendy

Hello again,

have just realized I made a mistake giving the total of Dutch's Champion

offspring in the U.K. as ten when really it should read eleven.

Dutch has thus equalled the record formerly held by Dorrit McKay's famous Ch.

Laguna Ligonier.

Thomas Münch

FlicFlac Whippets

Germany

How sad it was to log on this morning and read about Ch Pencloe Dutch Gold; being new to whippets we didn't know anything about him until a couple of weeks ago when we started looking into Leon's pedigree so it felt a bit strange to read that he'd passed away. Our sympathies go out to all involved.

Steve

It is sad news he was my 2 boys great grand father :( It was a proud moment for whippet lovers when he won crufts.

What a sad news!

My sincere symphaties to his owner and breeder. I'm sure his memory stays in the hearts of us all and in his progeny all over the world.

Minna

Oh, so sad..

Thank you Dutch for everything you did for the whole breed. Angels walk with you now!

We all will always remember you, your success in show rings and your magnificent progeny.

My deepest sympathies to breeder / owner.

Sanna

It now seems very fitting that when Danny and I were in America last month that Danny did a wonderful presentation on the ten years of dominance that Dutch and his sire Fergal had on the breed in this country. I know how Morag must feel as Dtch to her was much more than just a show dog, their lives are so short but Morag must have the most wonerful memories. I feel honoured that at Dumbriton he appears in all our pedigrees.

Patsy

Have just logged in after sometime 'absent' only to read the very sad news about 'Dutch', Morag must be devastated and we send our sympathy to her. A super dog and a true showman who will go down in breed history and well deserved too. To lose a best friend is hard but at least he has left behind his mark in his many super offspring.

dawn said:
We have received the email below via a friendOur thoughts are with Morag at this sad time

Ch. Pencloe Dutch Gold

Bred, owned and campaigned by Morag Bolton-Lockhart, "Dutch" was top Whippet in the U.K. in 1991 before winning BIS at Crufts under the late Ann Argyle (Harque), having won BoB under Roger Stock (Courthill) and Joanna Russell, then going BIG under June Minns.

Although still  a young dog, he was retired after this fabulous win.

'Dutch' was by Hillsdown Fergal ex Moonbeam of Pencloe and Kienford, Dutch's pedigree was bound to produce; resulting, to date, in 10 British Champions and numerous abroad.

Always the perfect gentleman, I feel priviliged to have known this outstanding Whippet.

My thoughts are with Dutch's best friend, his owner and breeder Morag Bolton - Lockhart.

Thomas Muench

FlicFlac Whippets

Dutch was a fabulous dog who features in many whippet pedigrees throughout the world including our own.

Richard and Dawn Mason

Aphrael Whippets

BEV SUMMERSWOOD said:
dawn said:
We have received the email below via a friendOur thoughts are with Morag at this sad time

Ch. Pencloe Dutch Gold

Although still  a young dog, he was retired after this fabulous win.

Thomas Muench

FlicFlac Whippets

Richard and Dawn Mason

Aphrael Whippets

Very sad day :( but what a wonderful advert for everything good about the breed :D from his wonderful show wins to his many children to him just being a companion and his long happy life.

What more could any dog do ?

Thanks for showing and sharing him with us :thumbsup:

DUTCH HAS JUST HAD 9 BEAUTIFUL GREAT GRANDPUPPIES. I AM SURE HE IS VERY PROUD OF THEM ALL. RIP

Back