The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Can Someone Enlighten Us Please??

Gail, some of the photos entered by George are indeed the only ones on the page, and I too think it is better to have blurry, badly reproduced photo than none at all. However I have come across a page that already had 4 very good pics, so why to post another one?

George scanned lot of the pics from the VWA diary and attributed them the copyright. I do not think that is correct. When I pay for the advertisement I am quite sure the pics remain my property. It was different when I provided pics for a dog magazine to print with an article on the breed; I have handed the pics over to them and from them on those photos were theirs to use.

I was upset to start with; but I am not anymore. I just do not want anybody to be altering my dogs' pages. The photo was reproduced so badly that you could hardly work out it was a Whippet. Hardly a useful addition :)

re the pictures people are supposed to have copyright permission which should also semi cover the owner's permission. However if people are putting up bad photos and misinformation etc, please contact the admin of the archives and report the person so that it can be followed up.
Wendy

Oh they have certainly had an email from me. I will wait to see what they say.

Won't let me edit, I got a reply that says anyone can post anything, the info can be used as its in a public domain. Photos are not to be used without permission although they clearly are. I have asked that "George" be warned about using photos without permission and that more care is needed when adding dogs.

I have now joined and altered the details of mine that are incorrect. I suppose I will have to keep checking,
We noticed that the breeder of one of our dogs had been changed. You can add a breeder but not delete one however when contacted

the site administrators took off the incorrect breeder for us.
I know who George is but you all seem so cross I think it's best I don't tell you but I will get a message through asking them to stop.

However, this person is only reproducing photos already approved by you to go into print elsewhere, mostly the Biennial, & if you had put your own photos of your dogs up on The Whippet Archives someone else wouldn't have to do it. I believe (but not 100% sure) the photo is always attributed to the photographer, if known, or the owner of the dog.

Personally, I thank George very much for putting up photos for me of my dogs because I don't know how to do it myself.
I have been on the whippet archives today & I for one really enjoy looking at the ancestors of my dogs. Pictures that I would not of seen otherwise, so I got a great shock just now when I logged on only to find that Karin Schellner has felt compelled to take the whippet Archives offline :( Such a shame in my eyes. Due to copyright & a few english breeders.

I do hope this can be resolved as I would dearly like to see it back on, as it is a wealth of information!

Hello,

done,

there is no need anylonger to be angry.

I think its a shame but Karin Schellner who is he owner of the TWA and the one who wrote the program and did everything for free wrote to our club who payed a bit for the webspace because of the good idea) said she stopped because of the many letters she got the TWA , she has no nervs anylonger and it is still her hobby.

I big idea is gone

a shame

susanne

Surely the owners of the whippets should be the only person to put them on an archive,alter their details or put on coi. Also you just can not infringe copyright, and take details from sites. I can not see for the life of me why they could not ask for permission and then there would have been no trouble.

Back