The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Can Anyone Help?

marielou

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone

Jazz is our afghan,she is 10 and has recently lost her life long pal. Even though we have Dillon and Tiger our lurchers they are teenagers and Jazz is feeling a bit down without a pal of more mature years like herself.We thought it would be really nice if we could offer a home to a whippet boy of advancing years, Jazz prefers boys :)

We were thinking of a boy anywhere between 5 and 10yrs but this is flexible either way. So if any of you know of a little whippet chap who'd like a nice home with a funloving drop dead gorgeous blonde afghan girlfriend to be pals with I'd be really grateful if you could let me know.

On a serious note all three of our dogs are neutered and all live in the house with us as much loved members of the family. I've been living with sighthounds for well over 20yrs mostly salukis. We are in Notts and can travel a reasonable distance but my old car cant cope with really long hauls. Please feel free to contact me if you want to ask any questions.

Thank you so much for reading this Im sorry its a bit long

Regards Marie

:luck: Good luck in your search for a pal for Jazz

I don't know if you would consider a cross, but Greyhound Gap have Honey and Hobo, two pretty little hairy whippet crosses. :wub: They came from the same place as Sophie, my new rescue, and are apparently very sweet natured and gentle despite having had a pretty awful life up to now.

http://www.greyhoundgap.com/

Too young for you, I know, but Daisy the whippet x and John the whippet on the GAP site are also gorgeous!

FeeFee said:
Too young for you, I know, but Daisy the whippet x and John the whippet on the GAP site are also gorgeous!

just to let every one know that John the whippet now has a home

with me !!!! :)

as you can see he has made himself very at home. (John is the brindle and white)

DSC01261.jpg

John looks very unsettled in that picture............. not :lol: :lol:

Lovely to see he's found a great home (I can stop staring at him now :p ) :luck:

Good luck in your search for an older whippy for Jazz :luck: :luck: :luck:

John looks very settled in his new home :wub: :thumbsup:

Thats wonder full and everynes got what they wanted :huggles:

:huggles: He looks like he's been with you all his life!! :huggles:

Thank you everyone for all your advice and encouragement.

John does look very happy in his new home and I wish him and his new mum and dad all the best

Kind regards Marie

I really do hope that you can soon find a companion for Jazz. Best wishes and good luck :thumbsup:

do keep an eye on the greyhound gap site as they seem to have had quite a few whippety types in lately.

good luck with your search :luck:

fatwhippet said:
just to let every one know that John the whippet now has a home
with me !!!!  :)

as you can see he has made himself very at home. (John is the brindle and white)
Well done, it's always good news when a dog gets a well deserved and wonderful home. :cheers:

Good luck

Angela

Hi everyone

I just wanted to let you know that hopefully on Saturday we will be bringing Jazz's new friend home. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Thank you everyone that has offered suggestions and encouragement

Regards Marie

That is brilliant news Marie!! Have you told Jazz yet??? I bet she is excited.

Can't wait to see the pics of your new addition. :thumbsup:

Back