The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Bwra Championship Venue

decca sean is that all you go on about FOOD mind sayin tht cant disagree with you :D but a do like swallows nest

Last edited by a moderator:
S. Rodgers said:
Fleesh said:
And it's only 20 mins from Meadowhall Sean.
Ladies - SHOPPING  (w00t)   !!!

wel, that lets get this rite dorreen and tony have spent four days going round finding the best tracks for your dogs, if u can find better u go ahead, if the track was that bad tony wouldnt let me run my dogs there

and he said today that he would run his dogs there today, he told me that the track was in fantastic condition for the time of year, its really springy under foot and its perfect to run on at the present time and would only improve if we had any rain, this is the committee that u voted on and they have only done the best for your dogs, surely the safety of the dogs should be paramont to any and all racers before the few extra few miles u have to travel sue

i think swallowsnest is just as safe as any track at the moment considering the lack of rain there's been.

Fleesh said:
I think if you read my posts carefully Sue you will find that I have not once mentioned my own personal circumstances in this issue,
If anything I have posted to prevent the topic from turning into a slanging match, if you comprehend my original post. It is clear to see that other members have enjoyed a bit of lighthearted banter along with myself.

I will not be picked on.

i havent read your posts fleesh ,all im saying is that the bwra committee have spents days going round on there own time looking for a decent track for you all to run your dogs

This is what happens when you are on a committee sue...its all part of the job even though some times it feels like a endless task

I personally would leave it up to the members to vote on

Out of all fairness the champs should be as central as posible ....Moreton In Marsh,Gloucestershire is 217.8 miles from newton aycliffe

DEE

mutley said:
This is what happens when you are on a committee sue...its all part of the job even though some times it feels like a endless task
I personally would leave it up to the members to vote on

Out of all fairness the champs should be as central as posible ....Moreton In Marsh,Gloucestershire  is 217.8 miles from newton aycliffe

DEE

yes dee i agree all i was saying that they have spent loads of time going round looking at different tracks in the interests of our dogs sue

It was myself and Lynda that went to Swollownest to look at the track, altough there is a good covering of grass the people who look after the ground have sliced the surface of the whole field about an 1'' deep so there are lines across the track so we need rain to close them up, if this happens the track should be ok,the football training was going on while we were there across the track the chap in charge said the legue starts in August. THIS IS HOW I SEE IT AND NOT AN OPPINION OF WHERE THE CHAMPS SHOULD BE I ALSO OFFER MYSELF AND MOWER IF NEEDED. LES WINDLE. :thumbsup:

a couple of questions

1. do we have to recycle our rubbish i.e. tins in 1 bag and so on.

2. what is a reasonable camping charge/fee

3. will there be portaloos available or will there be a toilet open for people who are camping in tents.

Did you take any photos of MORETON IN MARSH Doreen , it does sound like a good venue with plenty to do and see, but on the other hand kirkcady is one of my favorite places and always holds great events

Swallows nest is a new track and has only been used twice so far this year but its position in the country is appealing ....

JOHNG said:
a couple of questions
1.  do we have to recycle our rubbish i.e. tins in 1 bag and so on.

2. what is a reasonable camping charge/fee

3. will there be portaloos available or will there be a toilet open for people who are camping in tents.

4 is there any disabled facilities

5 the BWRA have there own straight fronted traps , so why would you need assurances

SWALLOWSNEST........MORE CENTRAL.....GLOSCESTER SOUNDS NICE BUT UNFAIR TO SCOTTISH PEOPLE :cheers: IT WOULD MAKE IT NEARLY 600 MILES FOR THE SCOTTISH :oops:

DEBBIE

debbie said:
SWALLOWSNEST........MORE CENTRAL.....GLOSCESTER SOUNDS NICE BUT UNFAIR TO SCOTTISH PEOPLE :cheers: IT WOULD MAKE IT NEARLY 600 MILES FOR THE SCOTTISH :oops:

DEBBIE

couldn't agree more Deb, at a rough calculation

from Dingwall to moreton-in- marsh approx 560 miles

Dingwall to Swallownest " " 410 miles

Portsmouth to Moreton-in-marsh " " 110 miles

portsmouth to Swallownest " " 210 miles

there may only be a couple of members out in the Highlands but they have every right to expect to be catered for in my opinion.

when we talk about the middle of the country people tend to just look at the middle of England if you take into account Scottish Highlands then the middle of the country lies somewhere between Lancaster and North Yorkshire. :oops:

Ihad a Handful said:
It was myself and Lynda that went to Swollownest to look at the track, altough there is a good covering of grass the people who look after the ground have sliced the surface of the whole field about an 1'' deep so there are lines across the track so we need rain to close them up, if this happens the track should be ok,the football training was going on while we were  there across the track the chap in charge said the legue starts in August. THIS IS HOW I SEE IT AND NOT AN OPPINION OF WHERE THE CHAMPS SHOULD BE I ALSO OFFER MYSELF AND MOWER IF NEEDED. LES WINDLE. :thumbsup:

Les, if we don't get the rain and the football player have been over the track, could this track still be ok for the champs, yvonne

I am sure the sprinkle system can be fitted up

yes i'm sure it could and let hope thats what happen's if we goto swollownest, but thats not going to stop the football player's going over the track with spikes unless the track could be fenced off, all of Aug,

swollownest would be the best track for me and most members, if the above happen's,

the running surface for our dog's should be top of the list for any championship track, not what the club, shop's, takeaways, etc,etc, are like for us, we ask alot from our dogs running at champ's some having 5 racer's on the day, at the very least we should provide the best running surface for them, lets hope this happens,

hellbound said:
the running surface for our dog's should be top of the list for any championship track, not what the club, shop's, takeaways, etc,etc, are like for us, we ask alot from our dogs running at champ's some having 5 racer's on the day, at the very least we should provide the best running surface for them, lets hope this happens,
I couldn't agree more - it could be in the middle of nowhere as far as i'm concerned as long as the track was good, travelling wise Swallowest suits me fine but imo it's not one of the better champ's venue's.

This late in the day though i suppose we are bound to be struggling and if that's where it ends up so be it.

personally i dont mind traveling :- " like its been said the track should be priority :) but if the swallows nest track is OK then it will be the fairest venue :thumbsup: remember how bad ashfordby was until the work went into the track if the ground can be kept watered then there should be no probs :) bet theres not a track in the country thats not suffering due to the heat :(

mutley said:
I am sure the sprinkle system can be fitted up
:( everything in my garden is burning , dead or shriverling up. At this late stage I think alot more than a sprinkler will be needed :( and its getting hotter :eek:

Old hall track was fine yesterday, I think it depends on the kind of soil you have as well, We could go to Asfordby tomorrow and the track would be fine. Alot depends on how much water the soil can retain.

Back