The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Breeding Practices

anniewhippet

Registered
Reaction score
lovely pups, but i thought you wernt aloud two litters in one year from the same bitch? :unsure: :blink:
the kennel club changed their rules so you can now register two litters from a bitch in1 year if you want to. what beautiful pups liza xx
When did this change ? and have the breed clubs changed their rules also? if so I seem to have missed this change/amendment...........oops.

lovely pups, but i thought you wernt aloud two litters in one year from the same bitch? :unsure: :blink:
the kennel club changed their rules so you can now register two litters from a bitch in1 year if you want to. what beautiful pups liza xx
When did this change ? and have the breed clubs changed their rules also? if so I seem to have missed this change/amendment...........oops.
i know of whippet breeders having back to back litters also i know of two lhasa apso breeders who are on their fifth back to back litter

this is rosie's second litter in a year and she will not be bred from again

i know of whippet breeders having back to back litters also i know of two lhasa apso breeders who are on their fifth back to back litter

That doesn't make it right though :(

The Lhasa Apso breeders need to be shot :angry: That is DISGUSTING, 5 back to back litters from a bitch is hideous - does the kennel club allow the puppies from these litters be registered?? :angry: :angry:

The Lhasa Apso breeders need to be shot :angry: That is DISGUSTING, 5 back to back litters from a bitch is hideous - does the kennel club allow the puppies from these litters be registered?? :angry: :angry:

yes the kennel club have registred the litters

i know the people well i have gave them both a telling off one of them put the phone down on me

i did say they are not breeding machines one is an accredited breeder

i myself think two litters from a bitch is enough

That may be so, and I think the breeding of five back to back litters is beyond the right words for me to post here, but can someone answer my original question please.

As far as I was aware the KC would not accept litter from the same bitch in the same year unless otherwise applied for.

Breed clubs go by the general code of ethics which was adopted last year.

As far as I was aware the KC would not accept litter from the same bitch in the same year unless otherwise applied for.

Thank you Tracey, so back to back is not the general/accepted rule now is that correct? I hope I am reading this correctly but think that it still applies to a season between matings? I cannot imagine, unless in exceptional circumstances, a back to back mating but also find it worrying that the new KC code of ethics now appears to be so 'open' to abuse in some areas. Perhaps I'm just getting old.............. :(

Thank you Tracey, so back to back is not the general/accepted rule now is that correct? I hope I am reading this correctly but think that it still applies to a season between matings? I cannot imagine, unless in exceptional circumstances, a back to back mating but also find it worrying that the new KC code of ethics now appears to be so 'open' to abuse in some areas. Perhaps I'm just getting old.............. :(
I tried to edit my post but couldn't

here is a link which will answer the question

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/download/375/form1.pdf

it says nothing about back to back litters....shocking!!!!

I THINK IM GONNA CHANGE MY NAME PEOPLE KEEP THINKING IM WIGGY our names may be simular but opinions very diffrent

We as clubs can add whatever we wish to the KC code, so maybe we should ask the BC to approach the KC and add it to ours

What do you think everyone?

What would you like to see added

We as clubs can add whatever we wish to the KC code, so maybe we should ask the BC to approach the KC and add it to ours

I think it would be a very good idea if the ethics said someting along the lines of a bitch has to have a season between litters.

Having said that it would only affect members of the club NOT non members & the KC would still register back to back litters.

This maybe something that should be included in the KCBS??

I think it would be a very good idea if the ethics said someting along the lines of a bitch has to have a season between litters.

Having said that it would only affect members of the club NOT non members & the KC would still register back to back litters.

This maybe something that should be included in the KCBS??

i have put it forward to the kennel club that a bitch should have a seasons rest between litters

my rosie has a season every six months not like katie who is a yearly bitch

No Annie, you're not getting old, you're a knowledgeable, caring breeder/exhibitor/well respected judge. I think we're all rather baffled by this back to back churning out of puppies and wonder where they end up?

Cheers Tracey for the link............I am shocked that in this day and age of bad press that the guidelines for breeding are not tighter or better worded.

Better worded = no more than 6 litters............bitches not under a year.................not over 8 years old................even with my poor grasp of mathematics that makes for some breeding machine, so very shocking.

I do think there could be additional guidelines from the BC's and yes I agree it would only apply to members but surely we are all in this breed because we love it and want to do the best by it???????????

or I would like to hope so anyway...............................

Just out of interest what would happen to a breed club member that didnt adhere to that clubs code of ethics ( whatever it was ) and come to that what happens to a breeder that dosnt adhere to the KC s code ?

The Kennel Club have allowed a golden opportunity to slip by. When they introduced their code of conduct that they expect all breed clubs to adopt, why on earth did they not apply this to their own clubs registration department???? It would instantly stop these people from over breeding, breeders from having two litters at the same time or within a couple of weeks between breeding. They could have stated that anyone breeding more than one litter in any 12 months would not be allowed to register their litter.

I know it's draconian, but how can we protect our breed from people who exploit them and breed purely for cash. After all, having to litters at the same time can only be for money. :(

But am I right in thinking that before the KC's new code of ethics HAD to be adopted by B.C's, each club had their own for their members and, if I remember correctly, some were quite abit more specific on breeding.

Therefore there is a lost opportunity and IMO a backward step too.

And as this new code of ethics has been drawn up by the KC, and not the B.C's, surely the 'punishment' for breaking this code now rests with the KC?

So have the B.C's now lost some of their powers in maintaining standards (not breed standards!) within the Whippet community????

But am I right in thinking that before the KC's new code of ethics HAD to be adopted by B.C's, each club had their own for their members and, if I remember correctly, some were quite abit more specific on breeding. Therefore there is a lost opportunity and IMO a backward step too.

And as this new code of ethics has been drawn up by the KC, and not the B.C's, surely the 'punishment' for breaking this code now rests with the KC?

So have the B.C's now lost some of their powers in maintaining standards (not breed standards!) within the Whippet community????

why we are on this subjec t why dont all of us look in the kennel gasette and see how many of us breeders are breeding a lot of litters and breeders who are breeding bitches every season we need to start with the january eddittion

Back