The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

breeder

What this about eating C H I P S.

You cannot be taking the diet advice from Dr Atkins as seriously as I need to if you are still eating C H I P S

BTW

How did talk on TenaLadies change into C H I P S ??

:D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
dawn said:
BTW How did talk on TenaLadies change into C H I P S ??

:D :D  :D
Goodness knows but its fairly typical, actually the topic was about a breeder. ;)

At SCCA Millie & I had a sirloin steak baguette (couldn't find any CHIPS) ........ I'm all for this Dr Atkins diet, me and the Whippets have it all the time........ high protein, fat, vegetables, a dash of carbohydrate and fruit YUM, YUM. I've reached a fair old age and it's not done me much harm!!!

At SCCA I had a sirloin steak baguette (couldn't find any CHIPS) ........ I'm all for this Dr Atkins diet,  high protein, fat, vegetables, a dash of carbohydrate and fruit YUM, YUM.
Think Baguettes ie Bread is a No No.

As are C H I P S.

And Vegetables - other than a 'cup a day'.

As for FRUIT that too is off limits.

Still interested Dessie??? :D :D

Anyone know about the restrictions on Alcohol???

Last edited by a moderator:
No alcohol, fruit, sugar or carbs whilst on induction then you gradually introduce them until you stop weight loss one week then you drop down a tad and stay with that amount for a slower loss.

Im a fruitnvegaholic so cant see me lasting long on this diet.

I could live without fruit but not without sugar in my tea!!! So perhaps not!! But I do eat a lot of meat, cheese, butter, full fat milk etc and not that much bread or pasta.

Just eat whatever I like really!!!! I do object to all these nice things with virtually all the fat removed though. It's like vegetarian sausages or beefburgers ....... what's that all about?????

On a serious note are you trying this diet Karen as I would like to know how you are doing because I am contemplating starting it next week after I have read a little more of the book. :( :D :0

Yes Dawn, I am trying it but it is very hard and you are meant to do it without compromise, no cheating whatsoever or it does not work. I started happily enough but as I said I love fruit and veg so I can see me staying on it to the letter after induction which is two weeks. I put on a stone when I moved in with David and I really would like to shift it before its too late.

I had a dreadful headache on the third day which is meant to be good!! I feel ok now but not full of energy like the book says. I am quite strong willed so will stay with it for a while, but if you do it I would make sure you read the first half of the book really thoroughly and best of luck.

Paul, I walk/run miles with the dogs but I used to do a very physical job and now the heaviest thing I lift is a large paintbrush :(

Hi Karen, you've never looked over weight to me, can't understand why you need to diet!!!!!! :0 :0 :0 :0

I hadn't heard of Dr Atkins until I just read these posts, believe me the only diet worth following is a sea food diet, you see the food, you eat the food :p :D :p :D !

Diets have always made me miserable, life is far too short to be miserable, so I don't diet.

Best of luck Dawn and Karen, hope dieting doesn't make either of you miserable, just remember, if you both turn into rakes, we won't recognise you at the shows, so you'd better come up and say hya.

Lyd

Of course it wont make us miserable Lydia :angry: :angry: :angry:

Back