The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Bob Blatch Trophyexcitement And Pleasure Guarantee

Exactly how do you justify your claim that that the winner of this event will be able to lay claim to being "top lure courser in the country". What make this a more prestigious win than that acheived by Roedean Rhapsody in August in the Pennymeadow Cup , indeed that was a truly open event and not restricted as is the case in your forthcoming contest and even if it were truly open to all it is only one event just as is the Pennymeadow Cup . Surely a champion needs to have won a number of events to be considered top dog.

larruu said:
Exactly how do you justify your claim that that the winner of this event will be able to lay claim to being "top lure courser in the country". What make this a more prestigious win than that acheived by Roedean Rhapsody in August in the Pennymeadow Cup , indeed that was a truly open event and not restricted as is the case in your forthcoming contest and even if it were truly open to all it is only one event just as is the Pennymeadow Cup . Surely a champion needs to have won a number of events to be considered top dog.

Now thats what i call correct and factual Lampy ;)

larruu said:

well said larruu :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Will any of these be crowned the best lure coursing whippet in the country at Holbeach?? :thumbsup:

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

B3.jpg

B4.jpg

B5.jpg

B6.jpg

love the pic of phoebe with them ears :p :thumbsup:

lamping man said:
Will any of these be crowned the best lure coursing whippet in the country at Holbeach?? :thumbsup:

YAAAAAAWN . NO !

YAAAAAAWN . NO !

I don't know ....If all it takes is one meeting in which one dog is un-beaten all day I have the BEST racing dogs in the country as Eric, Jacob, Miya, Connie, Inca, Vinnie, Tink and all have managed this at a club .... Do you think I could call them champions now ?? :- "

lamping man said:
Or maybe one of these will claim the supreme accolade??

This is all a little childish isnt it we have challenged you to the 4 semi finalists from Pennymeadow lure coursing event against your 4 semi finalists from the Bob Blatchford event.

Now that is a fair cut across the country with North against South as it is seen.

That would be a lot fairer way to sort out the

[SIZE=21pt]MEN FROM THE BOYS [/SIZE]

Now wouldnt it or are you bothered we may beat you.

Put your dogs where your mouth is and accept this event is good for us, you, the country and the forum.

An annual event that only sees the best on top form

Who wouldnt want to see that?

Last edited by a moderator:
sparky said:
this is all getting a bit personal now.. :oops:

I am kind of hoping it is being taken in a light hearted manor? Surely, Lampy is only trying to hype up his event? A natural thing to want to do? I know I would. Surely he does not really think this single event is going to crown some kind of U.K. coursing champ? A bit of banter never does anyone any harm, as long as it remains banter!

Lampy you are one great windup merchant :lol: and I mean that most respectfully. :thumbsup:

Did you all not notice his one liner Will any of these be crowned the best lure coursing whippet in the country at Holbeach??

The whippet that wins at Holbeach will no doubt be the best lure coursing whippet at Holbeach on that day, in that judges opinion. No one can argue against that logic. If it's then said to be the best lure coursing whippet in the country well we can all say[SIZE=21pt] OH NO IT'S NOT[/SIZE]. In accordance with the pantomine spirit which abounds at this time of year. :lol:

Doesn't mean that it's the best lure coursing whippet anywhere else just the best one on that day, at that venue, according to that judge.

PS For me the biggest problem about lure coursing is that it is judged by a human thus it is a matter of personal opinion, not first over the line. As a result it should be taken as great fun day out for the dogs.

PPS Lampy you take great photos of dogs.

trish g said:
love the pic of phoebe with them ears :p   :thumbsup:
No I refuse to believe that Phoebe has ears that can do that. It's impossible given her granddad. :lol: Love the recent pics of Millie at the hill sprint. Her ears don't do such things. :lol:

BeeJay said:
Lampy you are one great windup merchant  :lol:   and I mean that most respectfully. :thumbsup:
Did you all not notice his one liner Will any of these be crowned the best lure coursing whippet in the country at Holbeach??

The whippet that wins at Holbeach will no doubt be the best lure coursing whippet at Holbeach on that day, in that judges opinion.  No one can argue against that logic.  If it's then said to be the best lure coursing whippet in the country well we can all say[SIZE=21pt] OH NO IT'S NOT[/SIZE].  In accordance with the pantomine spirit which abounds at this time of year. :lol:

Doesn't mean that it's the best lure coursing whippet anywhere else just the best one on that day, at that venue, according to that judge.

PS For me the biggest problem about lure coursing is that it is judged by a human thus it is a matter of personal opinion, not first over the line.  As a result it should be taken as great fun day out for the dogs.

PPS Lampy you take great photos of dogs.

[SIZE=14pt]well said barbara :thumbsup: [/SIZE]

if you took the last four semi-finalists from the last bob blatch ,you would have had 3 from yorkshire.there also has to be a standard to run to .is it fair to put a 17lb 18ins against 34lb 22ins dog.as for the best dog every body has the best (w00t)

controversial said:
if you took the last four semi-finalists from the last bob blatch ,you would have had 3 from yorkshire.there also has to be a standard to run to .is it fair to put a 17lb 18ins against  34lb 22ins  dog.as for the best dog every body has the best (w00t)
LOL Great minds Graham. I've just been thinking along simlar lines (w00t)

This is all a bit silly - I haven't read the whole thread, but just looking in after a complaint was made that there was some name calling, which is against board rules.

You can't be top coursing dog in the country until you have competed in an event which has been open to any dog in the country - although I think this comment when first posted was harmless enough. Whoever would think that their dog was the best in the country from winning one event? As Beejay says, coursing wins are just the opinion of the judges, and different judges would judge differently on different days.

Please stay on topic, and keep to the board rules, or the topic will be closed, and offending persons will have their warn levels raised.

The offending post has been deleted - please note the following paragraph from the board rules

"rude or abusive treatment of other members, groups, persons or organisations on the Message Board ... will NOT be tolerated. If you feel you must criticise then criticise the idea not the individual or group."

It`s time to get real folks, as Mark and Jeff have said , lure coursing is a fun event , I entered Jack who has never chased a lure before . Jack is 23 in and 34lb and before you all start kicking off is 100% whippet . He ran against a 17in whippet which was an absolute flying machine and was well beaten. It`s all just a pleasant diversion , because for some of us, the real thing - hare coursing is at this moment illegal.

At the end of the day it`s down to the judge to interpret the rules for each course , and award points accordingly . Under NCC rules there are a fixed amount of points available for each action the dog performs , the wrench, the turn , the go-bye etc , but then all you coursers will know this already.

Why try and belittle what these2 individuals and their club have achieved ? It was a great meet slipped and judged professionally , a credit to them.

Btw Lampy, what type of lamp do you prefer ? I use a Cluson Laserlite myself :D :cheers:

Back