The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Bitten Nose

Suerose

Registered
Reaction score
Grace chased something on the riverbank this morning - I didn't see what it was - that left her with a scratched and bloodied nose :ninja: Would you whisk her off to the vet for some antibiotics just in case or just use tea tree and wait and see how it goes? Thanks in advance for advice

i tend to just bath it with warm salty water but is really of no benefit as she will no doubt keep it clean herself.

my terriers regulary get bitten,infact they get bitten every time they go to ground.they will only get a jab should it be badly bitten or if it swells and becomes infected ;)

I would just bathe it too...and maybe dab a bit of Lavender oil on......if it became infected them I would take them to the vets.

Little heller (w00t)

I'd just bathe with saline solution and keep an eye on it for now :thumbsup: Her own saliva will also provide an antibiotic effect so hopefully you won't have any problems.

I remembered that she hadn't had her vaccination booster this year so decided it would be best to pop up and get that done, and while I was there the vet checked her eyes with dye and gave her an antibiotic shot. Probably over the top, but bearing in mind that it is a Bank Holiday weekend maybe just as well. Thanks everyone, next time she just gets salt water! :thumbsup:

Back