The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Birth Defects

Lalena, please don't blame yourself.

You've done everything to give those 2 little ones their chance and sadly, sometimes nature has other ideas.

You must have been absolutely exhausted and you must not blame yourself.

RIP little ones.

best wishes

Gill

I'm so sorry, you've had such a rough time with these pups and tried so hard for them :(

Please don't blame yourself, it was one minute of inattention, and you are very unlucky it had such tragic results :huggles:

I'm so sorry to hear the sad news. I really admire you for all your efforts with both little ones, especially Badger. She was loved and cared for and who could do more than that.

Take care,

Jill

Last edited by a moderator:
Really sorry to hear this :( - life can be very hard at times, but we are all thinking of you here. :huggles:

you tried your best hun,sorry it didnt work out. :( dont beat yourself up over it. :huggles:

aww RIP LITTLE ONE ,hun not your fault :huggles: :huggles: :luck:

You did your best. Noone can ever be perfect and prevent accidents. Its an unfortunate part of life. Focus on the little ones you have left. They will need your love and attention too.

So sorry to hear this hon, and i know you'll be beating yourself up over it - but accidents happen and nature has rules that aren't always comfortable....... thinking of you and sending great big hugs your way xxxx

So sorry to hear the sad news about little Badger - you must be devastated. :( Life/nature can be very cruel at times, so don't blame yourself. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be. You did so much to help the little ones. :huggles:

Wishing you good luck with the pups that you have left. :wub: :huggles: :wub:

RIP little Badger :huggles:

thinking of you at this sad time ,you must be exausted good luck with your two babies :luck: :luck: :luck:

just caught up with this , hun im so sorry :huggles:

Sorry for your loss :( i did have a feeling nature would take over but you did your best for them)

thank you all so much :huggles: the other 2 are doing great. weve named them fatboy and (2 ton) tess because theyre massive :lol: honestly, theyre doing their absolute best to drink amber dry :teehee: they were only about 6oz at birth, but you wouldnt know it to look at them, theyre both nearly 2lbs now :eek: at a week and 3 days, proper little podge-meisters :wub: i seperately introduced them to the other dogs, without an over protective mother, and the other dogs are smitten. purdey decided they needed washing so gave them a thorough tongue bath, dante wanted to cuddle with them and poor little axle got nervous when they squeaked :lol: so now the other dogs know exactly what all the upheaval has been about. another week or so and then theyll all come downstairs from my room.

I'm so glad your pup's are doing so well - that's quite a weight gain - she's douing a great job!

Any photo's? :- "

nicky12 said:
aww im so pleased they dont have to be put to sleep was on my mind all night bless ther little hearts ,hope they go from strenth  to strenth hun ,glad i could help a little  :huggles: NOW WERES THE BLOOMING PICS OF THESES GORGUSE BABIES  :huggles:
Whats going on first they are not babies or little boy and girls. Its Dog and Bitches and Pups. Or do all whippet owners talk like this. :rant: :rant: :rant:

a1dogs said:
Whats going on first they are not babies or little boy and girls. Its Dog and Bitches and Pups. Or do all whippet owners talk like this. :rant:   :rant:   :rant:
Now, now. Don't get everybody going :D I do call them dogs, bitches and pups when I'm talking about dogs as a whole but my dog is a good boy and my puppy is a beautiful baby. You know what they say - to anthropomorphisize is to be human :lol:

At least you capitalized them - Dog, Bitch and Pup - like they were the holy trinity. A Freudian slip perhaps ;) .... And you can't blame us whippet owners if we are a little mad. It's the only thing that keeps us sane.

Last edited by a moderator:
Judy said:
a1dogs said:
Whats going on first they are not babies or little boy and girls. Its Dog and Bitches and Pups. Or do all whippet owners talk like this. :rant:   :rant:   :rant:
Now, now. Don't get everybody going :D I do call them dogs, bitches and pups when I'm talking about dogs as a whole but my dog is a good boy and my puppy is a beautiful baby. You know what they say - to anthropomorphisize is to be human :lol:

At least you capitalized them - Dog, Bitch and Pup - like they were the holy trinity. A Freudian slip perhaps ;) .... And you can't blame us whippet owners if we are a little mad. It's the only thing that keeps us sane.

:lol:

Back