The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Birr Castle------ 30-31 August

stormydog

Registered
Reaction score
I never made last year as i was judging at Tatton Park in Manchester so im defo going this time. hope to see all the usual faces and a few more that ive raced down south earlier in the year.

Can anyone tell me how long the racetrack was last year ? still unsure wether to camp or not, ill just bring all the gear and play it by ear!

Last edited by a moderator:
we were also wondering about this show...never went last year and dont really fancy the thought of camping with the scoobies....wee sid is such a big slobber..a tent would be covered in drool :D

purplebunty said:
we were also wondering about this show...never went last year and dont really fancy the thought of camping with the scoobies....wee sid is such a big slobber..a tent would be covered in drool :D

i went and camped down there last year had a exellent time long drive tho john youre bound to be yoused to the travelin :D from wot i can rember it wasnt two long the race track its in like a country estate so the ground wasnt two bad

Last edited by a moderator:
guss said:
purplebunty said:

i went and camped down there last year had a exellent time long drive tho john youre bound to be yoused to the travelin :D from wot i can rember it wasnt two long the race track its in like a country estate so the ground wasnt two bad

haha youre right matey 6 times this year up to now ive been across the "shuck" to take on the engerlanders !! aint finished yet either. midland game fair..belvoir castle, east of england and possibly chatsworth are next and a few others thrown in for good measure. just wait till you hear how many miles ill have done before the years out :eek:

then again..its my thing throwing down the gauntlet to as many different dogs in as many different venues as i can !!

what length was Birr for racing ?

stormydog said:
guss said:
purplebunty said:

haha youre right matey 6 times this year up to now ive been across the "shuck" to take on the engerlanders !! aint finished yet either. midland game fair..belvoir castle, east of england and possibly chatsworth are next and a few others thrown in for good measure. just wait till you hear how many miles ill have done before the years out :eek:

then again..its my thing throwing down the gauntlet to as many different dogs in as many different venues as i can !!

what length was Birr for racing ?

theres not enough digets on the clock to see the miles on the clock :p lol mate i really cant rember about the track wee headed up the road quite earley :thumbsup:

John the Track was about 200yds going slightly uphill.

We're going down again it was good last year, We're camping over on the sat nite with a few of the others who are travelling up from the north so it should be a good laugh :cheers: (w00t)

lullabell said:
We're going down again it was good last year, We're camping over on the sat nite with a few of the others who are travelling up from the north so it should be a good laugh  :cheers:   (w00t)

hang on lyn...are you going down south or are you travelling up south..youve confused me :wacko: lol

That's what being married to jim does for me he has my head pickled (w00t) :p but you knew wot i meant :teehee: :wacko:

lullabell said:
We're going down again it was good last year, We're camping over on the sat nite with a few of the others who are travelling up from the north so it should be a good laugh  :cheers:   (w00t)
I don't think I'm going but if anyone wants to give me a lift (with 2 whippets, small tent and small folding crate), say from Belfast p-mail me asap! Will they have separate heats for whippets? (even so, my pedigree ones -both under 21 in- might have to race against racing-bred non-peds like Ernie and Paris?!)

well whatever, hope you enjoy your weekend offaly well, whether you go up or down

Back